Community Theater Academy Assistant
Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick, MA
Walnut Hill School for the Arts’ Community Theater Academy (CTA) is seeking enthusiastic individuals interested in theater arts, early education, youth services, etc to join the team in October/November 2023. Experience in musical theater is a plus. Candidates should have comfort working with kids ages 3-12 as well as talking with parents during arrivals and dismissals. The hours are Mondays 5:30PM – 8:15PM, Tuesdays 3:30PM – 6:15PM, Wednesdays 3:30PM – 6:45PM, Thursdays 4:00PM – 6:45PM. Candidates must also be available to work the performance weekend of December 16th – 17th, 2023.
As an extension of Walnut Hill School for the Arts, the Community Academy at Walnut Hill provides school year and summer session learning opportunities that engage aspiring artists pre-k to adult. The Community Theater Academy develops confident, innovative, and expressive performers in an environment that is fun, creative, and energized.
- Assisting with teaching theater classes;
- Assisting with behavior management in the classroom;
- Leading games and activities with support;
- Taking stage management notes during rehearsals;
- Assisting with OUTSIDE arrivals and dismissals;
- Project work as needed such as organizing costumes;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience as a camp counselor, baby sitter, or classroom assistant preferred;
- Must be reliable, professional, flexible, and open-minded;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive community; and
- Strong leadership skills.
Physical demands include dexterity for department specific tools and equipment, and office machine and supply operation including but not limited to: writing, typing, using electronic devices, computer, phone, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and printers. Stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly through language and physical demonstration required. Staff assist in OUTSIDE arrivals and dismissals and are therefore exposed to the elements of changing New England weather.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter through the Walnut Hill School for the Arts online Career Center.
Note: All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of state and federal background checks. Walnut Hill does not provide visa sponsorship.