Community Engagement & Development Associate
Lincoln Academy, Newcastle, ME
Lincoln Academy, in Newcastle, ME seeks a full-time Community Engagement & Development Associate starting August 1, 2022. Founded in 1801, Lincoln Academy is an independent Town Academy deeply rooted in the midcoast communities of central Lincoln County. For 220 years we have served as an educational center for students from more than 15 towns in the region. In addition to our local students, the school enrolls up to 55 international and domestic boarding students. This results in an exciting mix of students, and the school is committed to providing an outstanding education for each of them.
The Development Support Associate supports our Community Engagement and Development Office in processing gifts and building reports, managing our online giving platform, and supporting content production for communications including appeals and alumni newsletters. This self-motivated person will play an essential role in supporting day-to-day operations as well as long term projects in our office.
Primary responsibilities include supporting the Director of Community Engagement and Development:
- Manage Raiser’s Edge database including gift entry and data cleanup
- Design data-driven reports to measure fundraising progress
- Execute gift recognition system: thank you letters, annual report
- Manage online giving platform for annual fund as well as special campaigns
- Maintain alumni and development web pages on school site
- Support content production for materials including appeals, articles in the Aerie alumni magazine, and alumni newsletters
- Assist in the planning and management of events as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Mailchimp, WordPress, Google Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Positive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others
Evidence of positive, professional relationships with students, colleagues, and parents and a commitment to continued professional development are also important qualifications.