Berkshire Country Day School, West Stockbridge, MA
At Berkshire Country Day School (BCD), we are engaged in an educational program that goes beyond our classrooms. Grounded in our core values of empathy, literacy, sustainability, engagement, and social justice, BCD is a leader in elementary and middle school education. Our mission is to prepare students to be lifelong citizens dedicated to a sustainable and just future. Berkshire Country Day School serves students in Preschool (beginning at age 2) through Eighth Grade.
BCD seeks a creative, energetic, and organized communications manager. The position will create visual and written content for all platforms, be a presence on campus to take photos and videos, and maintain photo archives. This person will also be responsible for all digital and print communications including regular communications to parents and alumni via Constant Contact including and not limited to newsletters, invitations, announcements, and obituaries. This position manages digital platforms for the school including the website, social media, and other media. This position reports to the Assistant Head of School for Advancement and Enrollment.
- Manage communications aspects of school events.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns across print and online platforms.
- Serve as liaison, as needed, between BCD and news outlets in regard to press releases and other public announcements.
- Manage and update the content on the website, in partnership with school administration, and with approvals from the Head of School.
- Actively engage in the school community, take photos and video of classroom and school events, including parent gatherings.
- Work with the Assistant Head of School for Advancement and Enrollment to create content and materials that supports overall school messaging and storytelling, and highlights the student-family-alumni experiences.
- Manage the development and production of print materials.
- Maintain and grow BCD’s presence across all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Partner with the Assistant Head of School forAdvancement and Enrollment to manage alumni cultivation through consistent communication with newsletters, social media, etc.
- Attend events to produce live social media content as needed.
- Develop regular reports to establish metrics and track success.
- Assist in the creation of school presentations and support school events as needed.
- Proficiency on social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or other platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Suite, email marketing tools, design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Vidigami, Vimeo)
- Graphic design competency
- Experience with website management is important, and with WordPress a plus.
- Attention to accuracy, details, and deadlines is required.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team is very important.
- Commitment to proofreading required.
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills are necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
Berkshire Country Day offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience. Some remote work is possible.
- 403(b) matching if currently enrolled in a plan
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
Applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter detailing their interest in the position and qualifications to the Assistant Head of School for Advancement and Enrollment, Julie Clancy, at email@example.com. BCD is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons and is vigilant to safeguard against any unlawful discrimination against any individual.