Groton School, Groton, MA
Groton School is seeking a communications fellow to support the work of the Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM), which oversees all internal and external school communications. Partnering with stakeholders across campus, the OCM develops and implements strategies that effectively engage and inform constituents, elevating the reputation and visibility of the school while ensuring brand identity, messaging coherence, and consistency across all channels.
Reporting to the director of digital communications, the communications fellow’s duties will include:
- Contributing to the implementation of social media strategy by producing photo, video, and written
content for the school’s various channels
- Attending school events and writing news stories for the website
- Working with students to generate content for the website and social media
- Managing the production of the yearbook
- Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, photography, journalism, or a related field
- Experience managing a website and/or social media channels for a student organization, business, or other institution
- A demonstrated interest in photography and videography
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Experience in producing publications
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign, is preferred
The communications fellow will also be expected to contribute to the extracurricular life of the school and share dormitory and residential school responsibilities. Qualifications, therefore, include a demonstrated interest in participating fully in the life of a boarding school and a willingness to fulfill evening and weekend duties. Fellows are provided with living quarters, meals in the school Dining Hall, utilities (except for telephone), and medical insurance.
Founded in 1884, Groton School is a diverse community devoted to inspiring lives of character, scholarship, leadership, and service. Three hundred eighty students in grades eight through twelve benefit from the guidance of more than ninety faculty members who live on a bucolic New England campus with world-class facilities, all less than an hour’s drive from Boston, Massachusetts.
Groton School is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and seeks employees who reflect and support our mission-driven commitment to a diverse school community. The school complies with all government regulations regarding non-discriminating employment practices and, beyond that, provides an atmosphere that ensures all have the opportunity to succeed on their own merit, qualifications, and abilities.
Groton School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristics protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Please note that prior to hiring, the selected candidate will be asked to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Groton School is an equal-opportunity employer.