JCDS, Boston’s Jewish Community Day School, Watertown, MA
JOB TITLE: Communications Associate
OVERVIEW Provides the marketing voice and design eye for the communications, admissions and fundraising efforts at JCDS, under the direction of the Director of Development and Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the preparation and production of communication and marketing materials to include Annual Report and Newsletters in collaboration with staff and Board leadership
- Maintains the website, e-mail and social media outreach
- Responsible for photography and videography of school events and special events as needed, as well as ability to edit content.
- Design and produce print and electronic materials for the Development and Admissions departments
- Serves as a resource on the school’s messaging and design standards
- Partner with staff and faculty to ensure consistent quality and efficiency of communications
- Serves as contact for ads and other communication postings with external contacts
- All other related duties as assigned by your manager
Reports to the Director of Development and Communications
Position is part-time, 20 hours per week, Mon-Fri 8-12
Bachelor’s degree required, two to three years of related experience in marketing and communications preferred.
- WRITING: Demonstrated strong writing voice for marketing purposes
- OUTREACH: Experience cultivating internal collaborations and external marketing relationships
- DESIGN: Demonstrated skill creating attractive, effective marketing materials based on an established and consistent visual style
- TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use all or some of the following: Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Suite, Constant Contact, Video Editing Software, social media including Facebook and Twitter
- VIDEOGRAPHY: Must have experience with video editing i.e., inserting music, arranging in sequence, correcting errors, etc.