Communications and Marketing Manager
The White Mountain School, Bethlehem, NH
The White Mountain School seeks a Communications and Marketing Manager to advance the School during this exciting time. An independent boarding and day school serving students in grades 9–12 and a postgraduate year, we are grounded in our mission-driven approach. Learning is anchored in topics that are relevant– to students and the world — and we create space for students to drive their own learning by their own questions. Most importantly, we know real learning and belonging can only happen when all students are seen, valued and engaged.
WHO ARE YOU?
You have 3-5 years of experience in communications and marketing with an understanding of progressive education- or someone with a willingness to learn. You have excellent communication and public relations skills, both written and spoken. You are facile with data and possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. You have a high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, judgement and a sense of humor.
You have the ability to execute multiple tasks and have a proven ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders from a wide variety of backgrounds. You are excited to contribute to a culture of awareness, understanding and respect for all individuals and groups, with the ability to communicate in a culturally responsive manner. You possess experience and fluency with database management, social media, websites and other software.
You love challenges, thrive in collaborative environments, and balance the gravity and joy of working in a boarding school. You seek a deeply relational and intentionally small community where you will be encouraged and supported to bring your full self to all aspects of your work.
WHAT WOULD I DO?
The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to carry out the strategic goals and plans for the communications and marketing. In partnership with these Admission, Development and the Head of School, you will oversee all aspects of The White Mountain School’s communications and marketing strategy and implementation. You will be an innovative and proactive member of the community who would:
- Solicit input on major initiatives, analyze and present data analytics, and adjust strategy in support of communications plans
- Put strong project management skills into action
- Collaborate with department colleagues to manage and execute news gathering copywriting, photography, and publishing of the online and printed communications including school magazine, monthly newsletter, emails and press releases
- Manage the communications department budget and effectively utilize available resources
- Maintain, edit, and update school website
- Assist admissions office with graphic design, layout, and content for social media marketing/advertisement, and email campaigns
- Photograph/record events and campus life, on and off-campus for use on website, social media, current parent/past parent/alumni communications in order to aid admissions and development
And most importantly, you will play a vital role in the White Mountain School community and serve as a model of White Mountain School’s culture and core values.
- Strong ability to connect to a wide range of audiences, integrating multiple points of view.
- Experience with WordPress or Edlio highly desirable, along with email marketing software like MailChimp;
- Facility with photography and video capture, editing, storage, management and streaming;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, basic HTML and willingness to learn school-specific tools.
- Three or more years experience in communications or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- The ability to travel to meetings
- The ability to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds
WHO ARE WE?
The White Mountain School is a gender inclusive independent boarding and day school of 140 students in grades 9-12. Since our founding in 1886, we have remained true to our focus on the development of the whole student. Nestled among the beautiful mountains of northern New Hampshire, we make full use of our spectacular setting, using it to inspire humility, awe and a deep connection to the natural world so as to encourage students to become lifelong stewards of the natural world. Through our commitment to competency learning and emergent curricula, as well as through our Episcopal heritage, we engage with topics of social justice and environmental sustainability, developing in our students the capacity to be curious, courageous and compassionate community members. We nurture a vibrant and diverse campus-wide ethos of inquiry and engagement in all aspects of learning and living.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please submit in an electronic file with subject: Communications and Marketing Manager including your resume, a one to two-page cover letter, and names and contact information of three references directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.