College & Career Counselor
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
COLLEGE & CAREER COUNSELOR: Part-time
The College & Career Counseling program at German International School Boston (GISB) is designed to discover and achieve the best post-secondary placement for upper school students. The successful candidate will provide direct support for graduating students regarding college/university applications, gap year, technical programs and career planning with a special geographic focus in the U.S., U.K., Canada and the E.U. The Counselor will have excellent knowledge of post-secondary options for a diverse student body and work collaboratively with classroom teachers and the School Counselor to support students and families.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide targeted post-secondary guidance to students, families and caregivers.
- Leverage professional and/or academic experience, expertise and relationships to enhance work with GISB families including organizing informational sessions, back to school evenings, test prep sessions and other general college information needs as they arise.
- Serve as the testing coordinator for the College Board and administer the PSAT for students in preparation for the SAT examination.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ application materials, college applications, acceptances, matriculations, scholarships and aid awarded.
- Maintain alumni records and execute outreach communications to the alumni community.
- Organize and execute the Experience/Career Orientation in the upper school and support the School Counselor with the Mentor Program.
- M.A. in Education or Counseling preferred.
- 1-3 years experience working with high school students and families and/or within the college admissions field.
- German language skills are helpful though not required.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick leave, and holidays;
- Excellent healthcare and dental benefits (50% premium covered by the school);
- Retirement account with immediate employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts: healthcare, childcare, transportation/parking;
- Tuition remission for dependent children; and
- Professional development opportunities and reimbursement.
Classification: Exempt, part-time
Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: Head of School
Contact: Please direct your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GISB is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; national origin; genetic information; ancestry; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; age; physical or mental disability; citizenship status; veteran status; military service; application for military service; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.