Children’s House Lead Teacher
Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Children’s House Lead Teacher (Fall, 2023)
Shrewsbury Montessori School (SMS) seeks a full time Children’s House Lead Teacher (for 2.9-5 years old children) for the 2023-2024 school year. Founded in 1972, Shrewsbury Montessori is one of the most well established AMS school in Massachusetts, dually accredited by AISNE and AMS, serving Toddler to Grade 6 students on two campuses. SMS seeks a highly motivated Children’s House Lead Teacher who will be responsible for providing a nurturing, productive learning environment in keeping with the mission and vision of the school.
The ideal candidate:
- excels at preparing the Children’s House environment, taking responsibility for creating and maintaining a nurturing, safe, and appropriately challenging learning environment for toddlers
- has a background in education and enjoys working with preschool aged students 2.9 to 5 years old
- is able to ensure the physical and emotional safety and well-being of students
- is a team player who is willing to work with peers
- is an excellent communicator, can interact with children, families, and coworkers in a warm, compassionate, empathetic, and confident manner
- is organized, flexible, efficient, creative, comfortable with technology, and a problem-solver
- is able to model integrity, curiosity, and respect
- The position requires attendance at occasional evening school events, monthly after school faculty meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond in related field
- AMI or AMS Montessori Certification for Children’s House or in training
- Willingness to undertake professional development
- Experience working in a Montessori classroom (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Children’s House Lead Teacher: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS.