Children’s House Assistant
Oak Meadow School, Littleton, MA
Oak Meadow School seeks an experienced individual to assist in our Children’s House Program as a full-time substitute from May to June (ages 3 to 6) for the 2021-22 school year. The Teaching Assistant should work collaboratively and enthusiastically with a team of colleagues, administrators, and parents to nurture children both inside and outside the classroom.
This position will involve collaboration with all areas of the school, with the following primary responsibilities:
- Maintaining an organized learning environment
- Supporting the routines of the classroom with guidance from the Lead Teachers, facilitating the learning process for children
- Promoting/preserving a nurturing and stimulating learning environment
- Assisting student groups with transitions (arrivals/dismissals/class-class)
- Actively and clearly communicating with Lead Teachers in support of student learning and well-being
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience in a classroom preferred
- Commitment to supporting children in the discovery of their own unique talents and potential
- Commitment to professional growth and continuing education
- Interest in Montessori education
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position
- A current resume
- A brief statement (not more than one page) of your educational philosophy including your background and experience with children and education, as well as your knowledge of and experience in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Nicole White, Director of Business Operations — firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received via email.