Childcare Center Substitute Teacher
The Fessenden School, Newton, MA
Fessenden Children’s Center provides childcare for children 12 weeks to 5 years-old. We are located in West Newton, MA on the campus of the Fessenden School. We are committed to foster social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and developmental growth through thoughtful, integrated curriculum within a safe and nurturing environment. Through interpersonal relationships between teachers, children, and their families, we ensure that each child’s individual needs are met.
Fessenden Children’s Center seeks Substitute Teachers to join our team. Responsibilities will include implementing daily activities that assist the children between 12 week and 5 years-old with mastery of age-appropriate developmental milestones. A teacher must have great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and developmental milestones as well as the ability to engage them and earn their love and trust.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Help to implement a nurturing and creative program
- Employ a variety of educational techniques to facilitate achievement of age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Supervise nap and snack times to ensure that children are safe at all times
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Collaborate with other educators; a team player
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety regulations as required by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and educational methods
- Familiarity with EEC safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Cool-tempered, friendly, reliable and flexible
- A balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
- Available to work between the hours of 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
- Successful completion of CORI/SORI/DCF and fingerprinting background records check
Proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The requirements for performing the duties of this position include:
- Lifting 50lbs
- Sitting on the floor
- Pushing and maneuvering a stroller with up to four children
Cleaning and disposing of bodily waste and fluids
Submit an application through Fessenden’s Career Site.