Childcare Center Infant or Toddler Teacher
The Fessenden School, Newton, MA
Fessenden Children’s Center provides childcare for children 12 weeks to 5 years-old. We are located in West Newton, MA on the campus of the Fessenden School. We are committed to foster social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and developmental growth through thoughtful, integrated curriculum within a safe and nurturing environment. Through interpersonal relationships between teachers, children, and their families, we ensure that each child’s individual needs are met.
Fessenden Children’s Center is looking for Infant and Toddler Teachers to join our team on a part-time or full-time basis. Teachers plan and implement daily activities that assist the children with mastery of age-appropriate developmental milestones. A teacher must have great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and developmental milestones as well as the ability to engage them and earn their love and trust.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a nurturing and creative program suitable for toddlers
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (sensory exploration, music, and stories) to facilitate achievement of age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Observe and document each child’s growth and development and report to parents
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Communicate with parents daily to build compassionate and trusting partnerships
- Collaborate with other educators; a team player
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety regulations as required by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)Skills
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Monday to Friday, Full-time or Part-Time
- Familiarity with EEC safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Certification in first aid, CPR and AED
- Valid EEC Infant or Toddler Teacher certification
- Excellent understanding of the principles of toddler child development and educational methods
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English
- Cool-tempered, friendly, reliable and flexible
- A balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve
- Excellent accuracy, attention to detail, and customer service
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful criminal background check including CORI/SORI/DCF and fingerprinting background records check
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The requirements for performing the duties of this position include:
- Lifting 50 lbs
- Sitting on the floor
- Pushing and maneuvering a stroller with up to four children
- Cleaning and disposing of bodily waste and fluids
Submit an application through Fessenden’s Career Site. Please include a resume and cover letter.
The Fessenden School encourages applications from candidates with diverse or minority backgrounds.
The Fessenden School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, conditions, and privileges of employment.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.