Chief Advancement Officer
Saint Joseph Prep, Boston, MA
Chief Advancement Officer
Saint Joseph Preparatory High School, a Catholic, co-ed, college-prep school serving students in grades 9-12, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston, has an opening for a full-time Chief Advancement Officer.
Saint Joseph Preparatory High School is a premier independent co-educational Catholic high school in greater Boston, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston. Saint Joseph Prep provides an exceptional, accessible, student-driven education marked by academic excellence, authentic community, meaningful engagement, and dynamic innovation. Through the School’s diverse, character-driven, and faith-filled experience, graduates are prepared for success in college and career and empowered to be servant-leaders.
The Chief Advancement Officer provides leadership, planning, and management of the Advancement Office and is responsible for implementing and supervising all fundraising, alumni, and marketing programs. The C.A.O manages advancement efforts as well as communication and marketing for internal and external constituents, furthering the mission and sustainability of Saint Joseph Prep High School.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Chief Advancement Officer is a member of the senior staff and works collaboratively with staff, administrators, and the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct fundraising efforts of the school and set annual, strategic goals, and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the annual fundraising budget (revenue goals and expenses) of the Advancement and Marketing and Communications departments.
- Lead major gifts strategy and maintain a portfolio of at least 50 donors/prospects.
- Set the annual calendar of fundraising and alumni activities and events.
- Oversee prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Build and maintain relationships with alumni, donors, prospects, families, and local community organizations.
- Identify new opportunities for outreach, including grant opportunities and special events.
- Develop a pipeline of corporate and foundation partners.
- Ensure accurate constituent records; oversee gift processing and acknowledgements; create financial and prospect tracking reports.
- Further a culture of philanthropy within the school community, report regularly at staff meetings.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to oversee the strategic vision for Communications and Marketing.
- Manage and mentor the Advancement and Marketing and Communications teams (Director of Marketing and Communications, Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, Assistant Director of Advancement, and Advancement Assistant).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 5-7 years of comprehensive development experience, ideally in a school environment. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent collaborative, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in educational fundraising, volunteer management, and Board relations.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and NXT, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office products.
- Appreciation for Catholic education and understanding of the values and charism of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Boston.
- Self-starter with energy and passion who is also a team player with a sense of humor.
- Detail-oriented and accurate person with a high degree of accuracy in all matters.
- Goal-oriented fundraiser who will take initiative and demonstrate leadership.
- Confident decision-maker who will both listen and lead.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Maintain a professional, polished, and positive demeanor reflecting the values and mission of the School.
- Ability to work easily with all constituencies, including donors, parents, alumni, and volunteers.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent data management and reporting skills.
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled workday as needed.
Interested applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume to Mr. Eugene Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org