Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Campus Director (June or August, 2022)
Shrewsbury Montessori School (SMS) seeks a full time Campus Director for an EEC certified campus. Founded in 1972, Shrewsbury Montessori is one of the biggest AMS schools in Massachusetts, dually accredited by AISNE and AMS, serving Toddler to Grade 6 students on two campuses. SMS’s Prospect Street Campus is EEC certified serving around eighty 18 months to 6 years old students. SMS seeks a highly motivated and experienced Campus Director to provide the day-to-day management of this campus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide 12 month administrative management of the Toddler and Children’s House programs of about eighty children that is consistent with EEC licensing regulations and EFGB curriculum and policies
- Maintain records on attendance, accidents, incidents, and other noteworthy events in accordance with EEC licensing guidelines and program policies
- Manage the day-to-day of the Prospect Street Campus to ensure smooth operations, responsibilities include but not limited to take daily attendance, take inventory and restock supplies, conduct fire drills, monitor and maintain the building and facilities, serve as a first stop for family communication, act as the admin on the ground to monitor the implementation of school policies and regulations
- Provide a safe, thriving, and respectful environment for all faculty and children in the classrooms on the Prospect Street Campus
- Provide staff support in positive guidance for children in accordance with EEC guidelines
- Work with the Director of Admissions on admissions and enrollment initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Training and work experience in early childhood education, child development or related field of study
- EEC Director I or II certificate preferred
- EEC Lead Teacher certificate preferred
- Proven ability to maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to the School’s mission, values, and vision
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Campus Director: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS.