The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
ABOUT THE RASHI SCHOOL
The Rashi School is the Jewish independent school of Greater Boston. In our warm and inclusive community, children are appreciated for who they are as they learn and develop. The school’s unique integration of rigorous secular academics and Jewish learning, commitment to differentiated instruction, and mission rooted in social justice nurtures students’ curiosity to learn, to ask and answer tough questions, and to take multiple perspectives. With kindness as their core, Rashi students become Jewish leaders who work to make the world a better place.
The Rashi School, an independent Jewish elementary and middle school in Dedham, MA, seeks a Campaign Director to join the school’s dynamic five-person development team in an exciting institutional moment. Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Campaign Director will serve an integral role in the successful management and completion of the RISE campaign, a $30M+ comprehensive campaign to elevate the school’s multidimensional academic program and grow the endowment to ensure financial accessibility and long-term impact.This position is both strategic and tactical, incorporating all components of a campaign from the leadership gift phase through the launch and implementation of the public phase.
- Partner with senior staff, the Board of Trustees, Campaign Co-Chairs, and Campaign Cabinet to manage, update, and implement a strategic plan for the campaign
- Manage and grow a robust pipeline of prospects by driving the development and execution of strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of campaign donors
- Maintain a comprehensive campaign timeline and organize the pipeline of prospective donors to ensure timely activity and progress towards campaign benchmarks
- Regularly evaluate progress towards goals and benchmarks and prepare timely progress reports for senior staff and volunteer leaders
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of leadership campaign prospects
- Support senior staff and volunteers in successful solicitation with prospect research, prospect strategy development, and preparation of detailed prospect briefings and solicitation materials
- Partner with the Director of Development to create tailored leadership gift proposals
- Partner with the Director of Development to manage and lead the Campaign Cabinet and Co- Chairs through the development of all meeting plans, materials, and presentations;implementation of training on campaign best practices; and recruitment of new volunteers
- Partner with the Director of Development and Development Manager to conceive, plan, and execute impactful campaign-related events (including small cultivation dinners, individual donor recognition receptions, and the community-wide public launch and celebration events)
- Research and build relationships with foundations interested in supporting Rashi’s mission: draft and submit grant proposals for funding opportunities.
- Partner with the Director of Development Operations & Stewardship to develop and execute a campaign planned giving strategy.
- Develop donor-facing print and electronic correspondence, including invitations, appeals, and public-phase materials
- Partner with communications counsel to develop a compelling campaign microsite
- Manage the campaign budget and prepare regular campaign cash flow reports
- Support team-wide events and initiatives, such as Giving Day and the Annual Dinner
- Enthusiastically participate in the life of the school
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience, preferably in an independent school or educational setting
- A track record of frontline fundraising success with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement five- and six-figure gift strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet concurrent deadlines, and organize time and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior staff, board members, key volunteers, and donors
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Superb attention to detail, ability to multitask, and project management skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data
- Excellent technology skills, including proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Excel
- Experience in CRM or donor database management, preferably with Veracross
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed