Business Office Billing Manager
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
The Billing Manager is an essential part of the Business Office team. Successful candidates will be an experienced staff accountant who will work closely with, and provide support to the Director of Finance to manage critical aspects the Business Office with a particular focus on accounts receivable. Candidates should also have the ability to assist, as necessary, in other general ledger management tasks.
The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Processing billing and cash receipts for students, music school, riding, donors, and other receivables
- Processing activity deposits and charges for all students
- Processing student refunds and collections on unpaid accounts
- Preparing and Processing Enrollment and Re-enrollment agreements
- Responsible for revenue reporting
- Responsible for External Program Scheduling, billing and collection activities
- Assisting with reconciliation of cash receipts and accounts receivable
- Assisting with month-end and year-end closings
- Providing exceptional customer service to staff, faculty, students and families
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Billing Manager or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Basic understanding of collection practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations
This is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of Finance. Requires Bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent experience in accounting or other business-related field, and 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience, is required.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.