Business Office Associate
Fryeburg Academy, Fryeburg, ME
Fryeburg Academy’s Business Office Associate is responsible for accounting and data entries. This individual handles all aspects of accounts receivable billing, purchasing and the daily operation of the Campus Store. The Business Office Associate reports to the Director of Budget and Finance.
- Process and reconcile accounts receivable invoices, monitor balances due
- Manage all aspects of the school’s purchasing needs including pricing, vendor engagement, order tracking and invoice reconciliation.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Campus Store including inventory, sales, mail orders and deposits
- General assistance with office accounting, data & journal entries, account reconciliations, and distribution of monthly reports.
- Provide administrative support to the Budget/Finance Director and Human Resources Manager
- Manage the lunch accounts and system data entry as needed
- Assistance with tuition management and student billing
- Other office functions as needed
- Work to keep all receivable accounts accurate and billed in a timely manner
- Ensure that all purchase orders are processed and delivered within the established time frame
- Accuracy in store transactions and adherence to the store procedures and policies
Preparation, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree or experience in relevant field; bookkeeping experience preferred
- Proficiency in databases, spreadsheets, financial software, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- High math literacy and ability to analyze data
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while maintaining high professional standards
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and strong organizational skills
- Adherence to confidentiality
- Prolonged periods of working at a computer
- Occasional bending, kneeling, squatting
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and stair climbing
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an application, letter of interest, résumé, college transcripts, and three references to Erin Wentworth, Human Resources Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All Fryeburg Academy employees are subject to Maine Dept. of Education Criminal History Record Check.
Fryeburg Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.