Berkshire Country Day School, West Stockbridge, MA
Berkshire Country Day School seeks a dynamic, organized and experienced professional to serve as Business Manager. This on-site position reports to the Head of School and is an integral member of the administrative team. Position to commence July 1, 2023.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures to keep accurate and continuous records of the cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, donations through PayPal, MobileCause, checks, etc., twice-monthly payroll processing, and overall financial position of the school.
- Preparation of the annual budget with the Head of School, taking into account desired increase of tuition and salaries. Assist the Head of School with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel. Collaborate with the Head of School to assess strategic opportunities for the School.
- Prepare monthly financials for the Head of School and Finance/Board of Trustees.
- Provide staff support to the Finance Committee and Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Provide for the securing of an annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions. Work closely with the auditor through the process.
- Oversee financial investments and banking activities, and prepare reconciliations of these items monthly.
- Maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school.
- Manage School employee benefits and human resources.
- Oversee school transportation, including coordination of transportation bus routes, schedules, and field trips.
- Reconcile textbook expenses and bill to students to ensure all purchases are accounted
for; calculate daily and process monthly after-school PM program attendance.
- Input reports as needed for NAIS, AISNE, etc. as needed.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Required Skills & Capacities
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; advanced degree or CPA highly preferable
- Five years of experience in finance and accounting, preferably in an independent school or other not-for-profit environment.
- Superior organizational skills, analytical skills, and a detail-oriented work style.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and school information systems. High level of proficiency in Microsoft office and Google workplace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of success in an ethical and highly confidential environment
Community and Professional Life
We are not only a school, we are a community. Feeling supported in your professional development and personal growth, and well-being is one of the greatest benefits we offer our faculty and staff. Of course, we provide traditional and non-traditional benefits including:
- A beautiful campus, set on 26 acres including a pond and trails, located across the street from the Stockbridge Bowl
- Tuition remission for children of full-time employees
- Full portfolio of employee benefits including:
- 403(b) matching if currently enrolled in a plan
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Professional development assistance
As a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination. To apply for a medical or
religious exemption, please share this information with your CV.