Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Date Available: Immediately
Reporting to: Director of Safety, Security & Transportation
BB&N is seeking part-time Bus Drivers to begin immediately. We’re looking for applicants who are inspired by our mission to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness. We are proud to offer our drivers the following compensation and benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate (same hourly rate for extra trips such as field trips, sporting events, and all other school activities requiring transportation)
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours per week during the academic school year
- Paid Holidays, Snowdays, and accrued vacation time for hours worked
- Participation in our 403B retirement savings plan
- License and DOT card maintenance fees covered
- Free lunches when school is in session
- Participation in professional development days
Our Bus Drivers are an integral and respected part of the BB&N community and are committed to the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Responsibilities include:
- Providing safe transportation to and from school, field trips, sporting events, and all other activities requiring bus transportation
- Transporting sports teams to/from various sporting events in the afternoons/evenings
- Transporting faculty & staff between all campuses as needed
- Following State and Federal traffic laws, including Registry of Motor Vehicles, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, School Committee, and local authorities while operating the vehicle.
- Assisting passengers on/off the bus when necessary
- Performing daily pre and post-trip vehicle inspections and safety checks as required by BB&N standards and state guidelines
- Reporting of all observed student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintaining a clean vehicle and timely reporting of maintenance issues
The ideal candidate will:
- be over 21 years of age
- possess a valid Massachusetts State driver’s license for at least three (3) consecutive years and a minimum of two (2) years of professional driving experience in good standing.
- possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with both Passenger and School Bus endorsements
- possess a valid school bus license and all required documentation to drive a yellow school bus
- possess a valid DOT medical card and a current First Aid/CPR certification
- have a School Bus Certification or Permit
- have good communication skills; able to converse in English with children, parents, and staff
- possess good judgment, attendance, and reliability
- undergo a successful background check (CORI & SORI)
- available to be on campus on short notice, for emergencies and other unforeseen facility needs.
- Be flexible to work overtime, including weekends and evenings, to support school events
Please upload a summary of your experience and three references. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kathleen Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. If you meet the above requirements, we would welcome the opportunity for a conversation!
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.