Inly School, Scituate, MA
Inly School is an independent PreK–8 Montessori-plus School located in Scituate, MA, 25 miles south of Boston. It has a student population of approximately 340 students, 76 employees, and serves 20 towns on the South Shore.
At Inly School our dynamic Montessori+ practices inspire our inclusive community of learners to explore and shape ourselves and the world with joyful curiosity, courage and compassion. Our commitment to anti-racist and anti-bias teaching practices are the privilege and responsibility of every member of the Inly Community. Inly School actively seeks faculty, families and leadership who embrace and practice skills that reflect our Montessori core values of collaboration, respect, compassion and empathy.
Inly School seeks a Bursar/Staff Accountant beginning in February, 2024. This position manages the processing and accounting of student accounts for tuition and fees, and tuition assistance. The Bursar/Accountant is also responsible for reconciling several general ledger accounts, posting fundraising revenue, and other cash receipts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inly uses Blackbaud FE Nxt as its main accounting software system.
- In-charge of student accounts: including set up, billing, collections, payment plans, and cashiering using an automated tuition billing/management system; Blackbaud Tuition Management.
- Record applicable changes to student schedules, implementing credits and write-offs; performs collections for aged accounts receivable.
- Works closely/responsively with parents providing answers to student billing and payment questions.
- Prepares childcare tax-credit information as requested by parents
- Participates as an active member of the Tuition Assistance Committee; creates spreadsheets to track and report candidate’s awards, notifies families of awards and monitors remaining budget to grant.
- Reconciles BBTM sub-ledger to the GL on a monthly basis; posts journal entries, deposits, records cash receipts, and manages
- Post revenue for several auxiliary programs utilizing Homeroom and CampBrain.
- Reconciles Development’s donation database (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge) to GL monthly and releases restrictions to operations when donor stipulations are met.
- Stays current as Blackbaud Tuition Management subject matter expert
- Responsible for some school wide purchasing
- Responsible for reconciling all bank accounts, investment accounts and several general ledger accounts
- Ensures compliance with not for profit GAAP accounting
- Track all fixed assets and properly record depreciation
- Provide monthly capital spending, aging reports and cash flow to the DFO
- Heavily involved with the annual financial audit
- Facilitates information flow between Admissions, Development and other groups to ensure timely communications
- Open, stamp and distribute incoming mail
- Assists Admissions during annual contract season by preparing contracts in Enrollment Management and ensuring correct mapping to Tuition Management
- Performs other duties as requested by Director of Finance and the Head of School
Strong Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree In Accounting
- 3 – 5 years of accounting experience (non-profit accounting preferred)
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Strong multi-tasking, follow-through, and organizational skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail under strict guidelines.
- Must have a positive outlook and be forward thinking; consistently looking for ways to improve upon the current processes.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive financial and student information
- Experience in interacting with all levels and departments within the organization.
- Blackbaud experience a plus
- Desire to collaborate and contribute to a progressive school environment
- A demonstrated ability to embrace multicultural perspectives with experience building an inclusive environment and a commitment to anti-bias practices.
Your role is essential to a holistic school community. Our expectations for this dynamic position include:
- Stationary and Active Balance: This role requires a balance between remaining stationary and actively engaging within the school environment. Your presence and participation are vital in both settings.
- Mobility and Resource Utilization: Our campus is a sprawling campus 13 acres with multiple buildings. The ability to move about the school is necessary for accessing and utilizing various resources, which are integral to our operation.
- Clear and Effective Communication: As a pivotal member of our team, your ability to communicate information and ideas clearly is essential. This ensures a robust and understanding network among staff, students, and parents.
- Physical Involvement: The role regularly involves lifting items, including children, weighing up to 30 pounds. This aspect of the job is crucial for supporting the physical care and educational activities of our students.
- Outdoor Activities Engagement: Our work incorporates outdoor activities, requiring you to work in various weather conditions.
- Inclusivity and Support: We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment. If requested reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
- Adaptability and Role Evolution: As our school grows and evolves, so may your role. Our supervisors are always looking to enhance our team’s skills and may revise or add duties to reflect these changes. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt are appreciated as we all strive towards our common goal of exceptional education and care
We offer Competitive Pay and Benefits. Benefits offerings include Medical with HSA plan, Dental plan, Retirement 403(b), Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Flexible spending accounts, Vision care, Sick leave, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Legal Shield and Aflac.
A Note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary folks and BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.