Building Maintenance Technician
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton seeks a building maintenance technician.
The Maintenance Technician performs general repairs for physical plant and building operations across the entire Milton Academy campus, including academic, dormitory, athletic, and faculty housing properties. The technician performs routine maintenance and traces, troubleshoots, and addresses problems. The individual in this position must work collaboratively with the Facilities Services team and have a customer service orientation to working with students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs and/or assists in general building repairs, including but not limited to sheetrock, plastering, painting, carpentry, glass, and screen repairs.
- Performs and/or assists in the preventative maintenance and repairs of building mechanical and electrical equipment, both commercial and residential, including but not limited to general repairs, belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment, or replacement of various types of equipment.
- Addresses other specific requests, including but not limited to assisting with minor HVAC, plumbing, or lighting requests, re-lamping of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures, key making, picture hanging, or similar.
- Uses the work order system to receive assignments and update job status to reflect actions taken and any delays in completion. Initiates work orders to track identified issues and/or unscheduled jobs.
- Develops materials lists for ordering to complete assigned work.
- Moves furniture and equipment as needed.
- Conducts general housekeeping to mechanical/electrical rooms including sweeping, mopping and painting.
- Escorts vendors, contractors, and others to job sites.
- Communicates with the owner, owner’s representative, or supervisor on the work performed.
- Responds to emergency situations; may wear a pager and/or carry a shop radio for rapid response.
- Provides support for construction projects, as requested.
- Stays abreast of changes (safety and code) in their respective field of expertise through seminars and other educational means.
Requirements include a certificate from a technical school or equivalent education and experience. Must possesses a valid driver’s license.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.