Bilingual Elementary School Teacher
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students aged 2.9 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a U.S. high school diploma and a German international Abitur. In addition to its international focus, GISB’s urban location, commitment to affordability, and highly-involved family community make it a special place to learn and grow. GISB is an equal opportunity employer, providing generous benefits and a collegial, international work environment to a dedicated faculty and staff. For more information please visit www.gisbos.org.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER
German International School Boston seeks an energetic, experienced, elementary school teacher to teach in a second grade classroom. The teacher will create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another through bilingual German and English instruction, collaboration and assessment.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute daily instructional strategies and lessons targeted for individual learners with a focus on German language acquisition (oral and written);
- Create and maintain a safe and collaborative learning environment for students;
- Maintain accurate and transparent records of student’s work and provide feedback to parents/caregivers;
- Provide classroom leadership administrative support;
- Attend bi-weekly assemblies, monthly staff meetings and other meetings, as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
The successful candidate commands native level German fluency and will demonstrate a passion for teaching in an international, student-centered environment and have successfully taught in elementary classrooms.
- B.A. in education, M.A. preferred;
- 1-3 years of experience teaching in an elementary classroom;
- Experience teaching remotely and online, particularly at the elementary level;
- Native-level German fluency (written and oral) required.
Classification: Exempt, full-time
Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: Head of School
Start Date: August 23, 2021
Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .
GISB is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; national origin; genetic information; ancestry; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; age; physical or mental disability; citizenship status; veteran status; military service; application for military service; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.