Auxiliary Programs Associate
Inly School, Scituate, MA
Role: Auxiliary Programs Associate
Reports To: Director of Auxiliary Programs
Inly School is an independent PreK–8 Montessori-plus School located in Scituate, MA, 25 miles south of Boston. It has a student population of approximately 340 students, 76 employees, and serves 20 towns on the South Shore.
At Inly School our dynamic Montessori+ practices inspire our inclusive community of learners to explore and shape ourselves and the world with joyful curiosity, courage and compassion. Our commitment to anti-racist and anti-bias teaching practices are the privilege and responsibility of every member of the Inly Community. Inly School actively seeks faculty, families and leadership who embrace and practice skills that reflect our Montessori core values of collaboration, respect, compassion and empathy.
Inly School seeks an immediate opening for an Auxiliary Programs Associate. The Auxiliary Programs Associate is a versatile role that supports the development, implementation, and oversight of Inly School’s Summer Program, Before and After School Care, Passport to Adventure After School enrichment programs, Adventure Programming, rentals and other non-tuition revenue-generating programs in a wide variety of ways. The Auxiliary Programs Associate will ensure that all programs offer fun, safe, and enriching opportunities for students and Non-Inly Students/Families that align with Inly School’s vision, mission and values. The Auxiliary Programs Associate will work hands on with a diverse group of administrators and staff, and support a campus-wide approach. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Camp Communications via a variety of platforms both email, social media, website, phone, registration site, phone and other mediums.
- Manage seasonal camp recruitment, screening, interviewing, hiring, training, and placement, as well as ongoing scheduling and assignments through the summer.
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective and returning camp families.
- Direct and support the Extended Care Program (PM Club) staff Monday – Thursday 3:00 – 6:00 PM and Fridays 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM and occasional Conference Care days.
- Serve as a member of the Summer Camp Seasonal Leadership Team.
- Help to develop Camp, enrichment, recreational and after school activities.
- Work closely with parents, administration and faculty to address the needs of individual students enrolled in after school programs.
- Support evening and weekend school rentals of the school’s facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong Candidates will have:
- Previous experience in marketing, communications, education, camp administration, recreational management or a related field preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, while maintaining an attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in creating, administering, supervising and implementing programs for students and campers.
- Proficiency in the Google Sheets, Forms, Docs, Drive, database systems, social media, and other technology tools.
- Previous experience in administering and recruiting teams and staff is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Strong initiative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community.
- An ability to work in a joyful, collegial and collaborative environment with integrity and discretion.
- Warmth, creativity, innovative, and a growth mindset.
Your role is essential in nurturing and developing young minds. Our expectations for this dynamic position include:
- Stationary and Active Balance: This role requires a balance between remaining stationary and actively engaging within the school environment. Your presence and participation are vital in both settings.
- Mobility and Resource Utilization: Our campus is a sprawling campus 13 acres with multiple buildings. The ability to move about the school is necessary for accessing and utilizing various resources, which are integral to our operation.
- Clear and Effective Communication: As a pivotal member of our team, your ability to communicate information and ideas clearly is essential. This ensures a robust and understanding network among staff, students, and parents.
- Physical Involvement: The role regularly involves lifting items, including children, weighing up to 30 pounds. This aspect of the job is crucial for supporting the physical care and educational activities of our students.
- Outdoor Activities Engagement: Our curriculum incorporates daily outdoor activities, requiring you to work in various weather conditions. This aspect of the role is instrumental in promoting outdoor learning and appreciation among our students.
- Inclusivity and Support: We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment. If requested reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
- Adaptability and Role Evolution: As our school grows and evolves, so may your role. Our supervisors are always looking to enhance our team’s skills and may revise or add duties to reflect these changes. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt are appreciated as we all strive towards our common goal of exceptional education and care
We offer Competitive Pay and Benefits. Benefits offerings include Medical with HSA plan, Dental plan, Retirement 403(b), Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Flexible spending accounts, Vision care, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Legal Shield and Aflac.
A Note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary folks and BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.