Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School educates children for a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world. The School nurtures students’ growth and character, while fostering the development of each child’s personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
Nashoba Brooks seeks an athletic director for the 2022-2023 academic year. This is a 10-month position that reports directly to the head of school with a typical schedule of 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with some flexibility required. The candidate should interact easily with a wide range of students and possess a strong desire to work as part of a collaborative team in a dynamic school committed to excellence in 21st century education.
Teachers at Nashoba Brooks model the mission of the School and create student-centered, mission-driven learning environments for students.
The athletic director will:
- Support effective communication and collaboration within the physical education department.
- Coordinate schedules for practices and games, including transportation, athletic trainers, and officials.
- Manage game-day needs and coverage, including setup, oversight, and information updates.
- Serve as an assistant coach during the school year school year.
- Provide instructional coverage during absences of P.E. teachers and coaches as needed.
- Oversee members of the department to manage day-to-day operations, including equipment inventory and management.
- Collaborate with members of the faculty and administration to support the educational, social and emotional development of students.
- Oversee recruitment, supervision, observation, and evaluation of coaches.
- Oversee the distribution, collection, storage, upkeep, and replacement of all school athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Ensure that athletic fields, signage, and facilities are prepared for hosting athletic games.
- Communicate with students, parents, coaches, and employees regarding expectations.
- Ensure that all athletic equipment, facilities, fields, and courts are safe for daily use.
- Organize coaches meetings at the beginning of each season to review expectations, guidelines, and rules of play.
- Distribute and update weekly schedules so coaches can plan practices accordingly.
- Review and revise annually the relevant sections of the School’s family handbook in collaboration with department members.
- Utilize feedback and reflection to improve practice and performance.
- Serve as a liaison to interscholastic athletic league
- Participate in leadership team meetings as needed to support schoolwide planning, health, and safety.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills with a commitment to viewing challenges as problems that can be solved rather than obstacles that cannot be overcome.
- Demonstrated experience with efficient project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated abiity to work effectively as a member of multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and serve as a role model to students.
- Proficiency with technology.
- Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
The athletic director will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Danielle Heard, Head of School