Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH
Assist the Director of Athletic Training in the planning, organization, direction and execution of programs associated with the care and prevention of orthopedic-related injuries, and the management of other injuries and illnesses that impact on students’ health and wellness.
- Assist in the establishment and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participate in long-range departmental operational planning.
- Provide education and serve as a resource for students and academy employees on injury/illness prevention and wellness.
- Responsible for the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of all orthopedic injuries across campus.
- Apply indicated injury risk reduction methods to students.
- Provides immediate emergency care during times of physical activity, including being present at interscholastic events as scheduled by the Director of Athletic Training.
- Provide respectful communication, within limits of confidentiality, on student health matters between coaches, parents and health care providers.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of Athletic Training Center activities and pertinent medical data.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletic Training
- Undergraduate degree minimum.
- NATA-BOC certification and NH state license or the ability to obtain prior to hiring required
- Additional certification in strength and conditioning (CSCS) preferred.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience working as a certified athletic trainer preferred.
- Approved clinical instructor experience preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of professional athletic training principles, methods and procedures; anatomy and physiology applicable to assigned duties; and medical supplies and equipment used in athletic training practice.
- Ability to analyze emergency situations accurately and take prompt action.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to certified athletic training.
- Ability to use computer based software including email, computerized maintenance management system, electronic medical record programs, and smart phone/mobile devices, and MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to follow directions.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies and Technology guidelines
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy objects as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 60lbs without assistance.
- Ability to withstand exposure to inclement weather (rain, snow, sleet, freezing temperatures, etc.).
- Successfully complete a state and a criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).
- COVID Vaccine Policy:
- Phillips Exeter Academy requires all community members without a medical or religious exemption to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters.