Associate Director of Alumni Relations
Proctor Academy, Andover, NH
Proctor Academy, an independent boarding-day school, grades 9-PG, located in Andover, NH, is seeking an Associate Director of Alumni Relations. In collaboration with the Director of Alumni Relations, the Associate Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for the management of the Proctor Alumni Association and Council, which plans and implements programs to strategically engage alumni, benefit current students and faculty, and further advance the mission of Proctor Academy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a contributing member of the Development Office, with specific responsibility for increasing support from alumni through routinely identifying and qualifying alumni prospects for gifts, communicating development-related activities via written contact reports in fundraising software, and engaging in prospect management meetings.
- Initiates contact with prospective donors and alumni through face-to-face engagement, including 30-40% of time traveling to meet with targeted alumni.
- Increase alumni participation through direct solicitation via the annual fund, class giving, and reunion giving initiatives.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations to collaborate with the Communications Office to develop a comprehensive alumni engagement communications plan within the school’s integrated communications and marketing strategy, including communications on multiple social media platforms.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations to serve as an ambassador of the Proctor Alumni Association to the internal community by working with Proctor’s alumni base to secure professional and volunteer services for Proctor Academy, collaborating with faculty and administration to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the school, and partnering with the Development Office to cultivate strong alumni partnerships.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni (locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally) through event attendance.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations to collaborate with the Proctor Alumni Association Council, serving on committees as assigned, to ensure strong relationships between its members and the Council and Director of Alumni Relations.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations in collaborating with the Database Coordinator to ensure accurate and complete alumni database records (capture contact, biographical, and career information of alumni via surveys, projects, correspondence, website, etc.).
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations in collaborating with the Communications, Admission, and College Counseling Offices as necessary.
- Partner with the Director of Alumni Relations to strengthen and create programs to educate current students on the importance of and benefits of being alumni.
- Assist with school events as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, willingness to be a team player, ability to see the integration of alumni engagement program, experience with fundraising software, preferably Raiser’s Edge, and superior oral and written communications skills. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; 3-5 years of Development/Advancement experience, preferably in independent schools.
Full-time benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, and dental insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability.
Proctor Academy is committed to building a community of inclusion across race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, and experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 30, 2021.