Associate Director of Advancement and Development
Providence Country Day School, East Providence, RI
Providence Country Day School (PCD), a leading Southeastern New England independent college-preparatory school serving students in grades PK-12, is experiencing tremendous growth as it approaches its centennial year in 2023. Enrollment has increased over 80 percent since 2020 as the result of an innovative tuition reset and the addition of a lower school division through a merger with the highly respected Henry Barnard School (HBS). Concurrently, contributions to the school have risen by over 60 percent from prior years. These are exciting times at PCD.
The school seeks a dynamic, versatile Associate Director of Advancement and Development to join the Advancement and Development Team. In this role the successful candidate will execute on initiatives led by the Associate Head of School and the Head of School. While working closely in partnership with school volunteers, parents, alumni, and staff this Associate Director will provide leadership for the advancement program and continue to build a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the school and greater community.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support the Associate Head of School in leading PCD’s advancement efforts, including but not limited to alumni relations, Annual Fund, capital giving, and foundation grants.
- Plan and execute Advancement-related events, such as reunion weekend and the annual Play for PCD, a golf tournament and auction, among others.
- Lead and manage all Advancement office operations, including but not limited to database, reporting, receipts, and pledges.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL NEED:
- Extremely high standard of professional competence, and adherence to a professional code of ethical conduct
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented approach to supporting leadership and all school constituents
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, attention to detail, being organized, and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated deep, pragmatic knowledge of annual giving, major gifts solicitation, special events planning, managing donor relations as well as corporate and foundation giving
- Proficiency in Google Tools
- Exemplary ability to uphold confidentiality
- Over 3 years’ experience in fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to Susan Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
The Providence Country Day School, established in 1923, is a college-preparatory school serving students in grades PK–12. Through a vigorous hands-on program of academics, visual and performing arts, competitive athletics, and service, PCD students develop as independent and critical thinkers, resourceful creators, and resilient innovators.
PCD’s mission and values are upheld by a faculty distinguished by academic excellence and deep personal commitment. Deep and lasting relationships are at the very core of our teaching and learning. Our diverse student population is drawn from more than 45 communities throughout southeastern New England and around the world.
More information is available at www.providencecountryday.org.
PCD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We strive to have a team that reflects the diversity of our students and families. It is important to us that our students can see themselves in the adults that surround them each day.