Associate Director of Admissions
Miss Hall’s School, Pittsfield, MA
Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs, and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross-cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
Miss Hall’s School seeks a full-time Associate Director of Admissions who is responsible for participating in all aspects of the admission and recruitment process. As a member of the Admissions team, the Associate Director of Admissions will demonstrate professionalism, a global outlook, initiative, and a genuine commitment to the mission and core values of the School. This position travels domestically and internationally recruiting students for the School and assists the department with other aspects of recruitment, including hosting events on campus and being the primary point of contact for prospective students and families throughout their application and admission process, providing guidance to prospective students.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with admissions experience, or five years of experience with sales, marketing, or recruitment
- International recruitment experience and ability to speak language(s) other than English is desired
- Strong presentation skills and comfort engaging with teenagers and adults
- Ability and excitement to travel domestically and internationally for recruitment purposes; global experience preferred
- Excellent social skills and enthusiasm for meeting new people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, with strong electronic media literacy
- Familiarity with social media and comfort with current technology as well as the ability to learn and use new software programs as systems are upgraded
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to identify problems and implement or propose creative solutions while utilizing good judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with students, families, colleagues, consultants, and members of the public in a diverse population
- Ability to accept feedback, take direction, and be accountable for outcomes
- A genuine, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student-driven admissions efforts
- Commitment to the MHS Mission and Core Values