Associate Director of Admissions: Day
Miss Hall’s School, Pittsfield, MA
Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs, and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross-cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
Miss Hall’s School seeks a full-time Associate Director of Admissions who is responsible for participating in all aspects of the admission and recruitment process. The Admissions Department is committed to diversifying its staff, and as a member of the Admissions team, the Associate Director of Admissions will demonstrate professionalism, a global outlook, initiative, and a genuine commitment to the mission and core values of the School. This position travels locally and domestically (and internationally as needed) recruiting students for the School and assists the department with other aspects of recruitment, including hosting events on campus, conducting financial analysis for the Miss Hall’s Personalized Family Tuition program, being the primary point of contact for prospective students and families throughout their application and admission process, and providing guidance to prospective students.
- Bachelor’s degree with admissions experience, or five years of experience with sales, marketing, or recruitment
- Familiarity with schools and communities within 45 minutes of the Miss Hall’s campus strongly preferred (Western MA, Southern VT, Eastern NY, Northern CT)
- Strong quantitative skills required; experience with financial aid preferred
- Strong presentation skills and comfort engaging with teenagers and adults
- Ability and excitement to travel domestically and internationally for recruitment purposes; global experience preferred
- Excellent social skills and enthusiasm for meeting new people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, with strong electronic media literacy
- Familiarity with social media and comfort with current technology, as well as the ability to learn and use new software programs as systems are upgraded
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to identify problems and implement or propose creative solutions while utilizing good judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with students, families, colleagues, consultants, and members of the public in a diverse population
- Ability to accept feedback, take direction, and be accountable for outcomes