Associate Director, Family Engagement and Giving
Boston College High School, Boston, MA
The Associate Director of Family Engagement and Giving serves as a key member of the Advancement team by developing robust engagement opportunities and managing annual giving programs for BC High families. With guidance from the Senior Director, the Associate Director will design a comprehensive program to identify, engage, solicit, and steward parents of current students, parents of alumni, and grandparents. The Associate Director will work closely with all BC High constituencies to deepen family engagement with the School and increase parent philanthropy in support of BC High’s mission.
- Under the guidance of the Sr. Director, design and implement an annual fundraising plan for families to increase family giving at BC High across multiple channels including direct response, digital, personal and peer solicitation
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 250+ donors at the leadership annual giving level ($500 – $1,500+)
- Conduct virtual and in-person visits to meet annual activity goals
- Collaborate with Major and Leadership Gifts team, Advancement Services, Enrollment and parent volunteers to build pipeline of major and leadership gift donors from family constituencies
- Manage School-wide parent leadership volunteer groups to strengthen and create new programs, mobilizing current families in support of the School’s mission and fundraising goals
- Manage parent leadership volunteer council and committee meetings; recruit, train and support new parent volunteers
- Coordinate a slate of virtual and in-person Advancement-led family events, including but not limited to Alumni Homecoming and Family Weekend and New Parent Receptions; provide staff support for parent volunteer-led events
- Collaborate closely on broader Advancement programs including BC Hire Career Connections, Young Alumni, Senior Class Gift and Mentoring programs
- Represent Advancement as needed in broader School programs including Commencement, Enrollment, and Orientation events
- Other duties as assigned; some travel and weekend/evening work is required
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 three years of professional front-line fundraising experience with demonstrated working knowledge of industry best practices preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills and a sense of humor is required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, digital communication tools, and databases is required. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to organization and detail; ability to travel and work outside of regular business hours when necessary.
- Experience in event and/or volunteer management strongly preferred.
- Applicants with diverse backgrounds/experiences are encouraged to apply. BC High is an equal opportunity employer.