Associate Director, Engagement and The Annual Fund
St. Mark’s School, Southborough, MA
The Associate Director, Engagement and The Annual Fund (Associate Director) reports directly
to the Director of Engagement and The Annual Fund (Director) and is a member of the
Engagement and The Annual Fund team of the Advancement Office working on behalf of St.
Mark’s to build engagement, a culture of philanthropy, and an ever-increasing stream of annual,
contributed income for the School. Success is measured by meeting quantitative and qualitative
goals established by the School, as well as by working constructively and collaboratively with
the Engagement and The Annual Fund team, the Advancement Office, and colleagues across
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
Annual Fund: The Associate Director supports the work of the Director of The Annual Fund as
requested, including appeals and personal outreach during key times of the giving cycle.
Additionally, the Associate Director assumes direct responsibility for all or part of giving days
and crowd-funding activities. (~25%)
Reunion: Manage two to three classes in reunion years, meeting regularly with volunteers and
developing giving opportunities. Oversee planning and execution of Reunion Weekend itself
(see below under Event Management). (~20%)
Donor and Volunteer Engagement: Working in partnership with the Director, the Associate
Director supports several volunteer groups, which might include the Alumni Executive
Committee, Class Agents, Parents’ Association, and Parent phonathon volunteers. (~25%)
Event Management: The Associate Director plans and executes both on and off-campus
engagement, campaign, and flagship events (to include Family Weekend and Reunion
Weekend), working within a budget and ensuring a high level of presentation on behalf of the
School. The Associate Director is a key player in conceiving, planning, and executing innovative
virtual and in-person events, employing best practices from peer schools and using available
Other Duties: Contribute to the esprit de corps of the Engagement and The Annual Fund team
and the Advancement Office.
● Bachelors degree
● Minimum of 3-5 years of professional work experience in non-profit management,
development, alumni relations, marketing, events management, or similar professional
● Deep appreciation of the mission of St. Mark’s School
● Outstanding interpersonal skills
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and as a team member to achieve goals.
● Demonstrated skills and experience in successfully planning and implementing events
from broad strategy to fine detail.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, be pro-active, and be nimble.
● Organizational skills sufficient to plan for the long-term; prioritize the present; and
complete multiple tasks concurrently.
● Proven skill in mobilizing and managing volunteers.
● Computer and technological skills sufficient to fulfill job responsibilities.
● Some evening and weekend work is required.
● Ability to pass a nationwide criminal background check.
● Ability to stand and/or work at a computer for extended periods of time.
● Ability to move about campus in all types of weather.
● Ability to lift/carry/move/push/pull up to 25 pounds.
● Ability to travel when necessary (15%)