Assistant to the Lower Division Heads
The Park School, Brookline, MA
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Assistant to Lower Division Head is a member of the school’s staff and reports to the Lower Division Heads. This full time, 12-month position will serve as direct support for the two division heads in accomplishing the logistical and program support needs of each division. This person is responsible for organizing documents, coordinating calendars and assembling resources in support of the school’s mission and curricular goals. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and self-directed with a good sense of humor and ability to multitask. They will also have at least three years of experience in school operations and draw upon that understanding to contribute to a positive and effective working environment.
- Provide organizational and communication support to the leaders of the Lower and Upper Divisions
- Respectfully engage with a diverse community and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School
- Implement structures and processes to organize daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Manage communication between division head and parents, students, and teachers
- Manage various division head, division, and informational calendars and resources
- Facilitate the scheduling and communication of division events
- Support the hiring process, including communication with and scheduling of candidates
- Assist with summer administrative tasks
- Support the coordination and scheduling of standardized testing
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse community including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, family structure, sexual orientation, and gender identity
- Effective time-management skills with an ability to plan workflow, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and assume responsibility for completing projects
- Enjoys working with students from ages 4 to 14
- Demonstrated high proficiency with technology, including Google Apps, databases
- Experience with using Veracross to organize student records preferred
- Positive demeanor and ability to thrive in a small, collegial, and busy school
- A positive approach to tasks and problem solving
- Gives and receives feedback constructively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and proofreading experience
- To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of teaching philosophy with your application.
- The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
- We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.