Assistant to Head of School
Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
Position Available: Glen Urquhart School
Temporary Assistant to Head of School
About Us: Glen Urquhart School (GUS), is an independent, progressive day school for students in Pre-K through grade eight. Located 45 minutes north of Boston in Beverly Farms, GUS was founded in 1977 with an experiential, place-based philosophy that integrates all subjects and creates opportunities for students to be passionate in their pursuit of knowledge.
Description: We seek a dynamic and creative candidate to assist the Head of School and administration in all aspects of daily operations on a temporary basis. The candidate must have strong administrative assistant or project management skills and experience. As an independent day school, we expect all faculty to become involved in the life of the school and to model the mission and values of Glen Urquhart School at all times. Beyond daily work, administrative support roles attend monthly faculty meetings, school functions, and community events.
Key Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Head of School’s calendar, communications, and project timelines
- Supporting the Head of School on routine and special projects, including work related to constituent relations, fundraising, and Board of Trustees initiatives
- Supporting the budgeting and expense reconciliation process
- Being a primary source of information to parents about the operations of the School
- Assisting teachers, parents, trustees and students with needs or questions
- Ensuring records (database and hardcopy) are kept current and secure
- Coordinating events, correspondence, and meetings with parents, faculty, administrators, and trustees
- Creating and updating a calendar of events and important dates
- Maintaining web pages, communication contacts, distribution of important electronic documents
- Order and maintain school supplies for faculty and staff
Qualifications: At GUS, we recognize that there are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. When reviewing applications we take a broad look at the experience of each applicant in order to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you possess a majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- 3-5 years administrative assistant or project manager work experience
- Public relations or customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Impeccable attention to detail expected and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of google suite applications (specifically related to email, calendar, documents, including sheets)
- Experience with or ability to learn other software systems and database systems in a network environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technical skills, including, but not limited to: letter merges, database management, and excel/sheet manipulation
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Must work well with administration, board members and faculty
- A bachelor’s degree
Equal Opportunity Employer: Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Interim Assistant to Head of School” to firstname.lastname@example.org.