Assistant Director of The Exeter Fund
Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH
Work with The Exeter Fund team and student and young alumni classes to grow and maintain the strength of The Exeter Fund through effective planning, creative program development, and proactive volunteer management. Success will be measured by results in attaining specific financial, participation and relational goals established by the Director of The Exeter Fund.
Fundraising and Development Leadership
- Identify, recruit, manage, guide and motivate students and young alumni/ae volunteer leaders.
- Develop strategies for giving and increasing donor and dollar participation amongst students and young alumni.
- Lead coordinator for The Exeter Fund giving challenges. This includes collaborating with Communications and campus partners on themes and assets, as well as working with GiveCampus.
- Find innovative ways to communicate with volunteers and alumni/ae through social media, Hustle and GiveCampus.
- Co-advisor for the STARs Council (Student Alumni Relations) in partnership with Alumni Relations. Create initiatives for student volunteers, set meeting agendas, and recruit students.
- Manage the Senior Class Gift and Senior Class Representatives, including planning and executing fundraising events, giving challenges, and assemblies.
- Acknowledge gifts to The Exeter Fund and all miscellaneous correspondence for assigned alumni/ae.
- Assist with the planning and staffing of Exeter Leadership Weekend and reunion weekends as assigned.
- Attend events (as needed) both on and off campus.
- Oversee the Young Alumni Committee and quarterly meetings.
- Provide support for the volunteers of reunion/non-reunion classes, including the coordination of all solicitations.
Strategic and Administrative
- Utilizes an online tool for volunteer fundraisers.
- Participates in planning meetings, accepting special assignments, assisting colleagues and providing support for all ongoing programs and operations as needed.
- Will run, request and analyze data to make strategic, programmatic decisions to increase retention and giving.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- A passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
- Strategic high-level thinking coupled with the attention to detail necessary for successful planning and execution.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Comfort with a front-facing role.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- 3+ years’ in an advancement role, annual giving fund-raising experience in a college or private secondary school development office or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with a volunteer-based organization preferred.
- Experience working with students in an educational setting preferred.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).