Assistant Director of Recruiting
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks an Assistant Director of Recruiting to work with the Human Resources and Equity, Inclusion, and Justice teams.
The Assistant Director of Recruiting assists in the design and implementation of Milton Academy’s overall employee recruiting strategy. A member of the Human Resources department, the Assistant Director of Recruiting works with the Chief Human Resources and Risk Officer and Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer and department hiring managers to strategize new ways to recruit employees, with an emphasis on BIPOC employees. The Assistant Director of Recruiting develops relationships with local colleges, universities, and community based organizations. The Assistant Director of Recruiting attends recruitment events. The Assistant Director of Recruiting maintains Milton Academy’s career page and applicant tracking system while also managing the requisition process. This position is also responsible for drafting position descriptions and postings. In addition, this position supports the administrative needs of the recruitment program, including scheduling interviews, organizing and registering for recruiting events, and drafting offer letters. In addition, the Assistant Director of Recruiting facilitates the onboarding process for new employees.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- With the Chief Human Resources and Risk Officer and the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, the Assistant Director of Recruiting works with hiring managers to design and implement an overall recruiting strategy
- Continually assess and modify Milton’s recruiting strategy, including engaging with community-based organizations and colleges and universities
- Attends employee recruiting events
- Consult with hiring managers and the human resources team to ensure that specific job objectives are properly documented in the position description
- Manage the position requisition process
- Create job postings and position descriptions, posting jobs on appropriate sites
- In consultation with the communication department, develop and implement a social media recruitment strategy
- Evaluate and screen resumes and cover letters using objective criteria, as requested
- Conduct initial interviews, serving as a member of hiring committees, as requested
- Provide some administrative support to the recruiting program, including organizing and registering for recruitment events
- With the Associate Director of Human Resources, coordinate the new employee orientation program and facilitate the onboarding process for new employees.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have demonstrated ability working in a diverse and inclusive community. Three plus years of recruiting, human resources, or applicable work experience required.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.