Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Saint Joseph Prep, Boston, MA
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Saint Joseph Prep Boston has an opening for a full-time Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications who will drive content creation, lead social media efforts, manage the school’s robust website, and support strategic enrollment, advancement, and branding efforts.
Saint Joseph Preparatory High School is a premier independent co-educational Catholic high school in greater Boston, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston. Saint Joseph Prep provides an exceptional, accessible, student-driven education marked by academic excellence, authentic community, meaningful engagement, and dynamic innovation. Through the School’s diverse, character-driven, and faith-filled experience, graduates are prepared for success in college and career and empowered to be servant-leaders.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications will support the school’s multi-channel marketing efforts, with a focus on content creation, social media strategy, and website management. This role will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to support enrollment, advancement, and brand goals, all in service of advancing Saint Joseph Prep’s mission.
This position will play a critical role in telling the stories of students, faculty, alumni, and donors across a variety of media including web, social, video, marketing materials, and the annual magazine. We are looking for a social media savvy marketer who can create compelling content to drive engagement, while enhancing the school’s brand through professional, relatable visuals and messaging.
This position will serve as the primary webmaster for saintjosephprep.org and the primary community manager of SJP’s social media profiles. The Assistant Director will build relationships and work across all departments, including Athletics, Campus Ministry, STEAM and the Arts, to trumpet student activities and successes across channels.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications will:
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communication as well as the offices of Enrollment and Advancement to execute the school’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Drive multi-format content creation
- Conceptualize, write, and edit content for digital and print media (including the website, press releases, prospective and current parent communications, and the school magazine)
- Play a critical role social, web, and print content creation, from idea generation to execution
- Write compelling web content targeted toward audiences including prospective students and families, donors, and current students and family
- Lead the school’s monthly e-newsletter, driving new efforts to segment by audience to deliver the most relevant content
- Lead execution of Saint Joseph Prep’s social media strategy
- Contribute to the development of and execute on SJP’s social media calendar across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Act as the primary community manager for Saint Joseph Prep’s social media
- Stay up to date on social media trends
- Serve as the primary webmaster of Saint Joseph Prep’s website
- Keep the website up to date including managing the website’s calendar, forms, staff directory, etc.
- Proactively and regularly recommend optimizations to website content and structure
- Implement website requests from departments throughout the school
- Support enrollment, advancement, and other SJP community events events
- Cover events live on social media
- Capture content at events including photos and video
- Help to publicize events on the website and social, and through creation of marketing materials
- Graphic design – preferred
- Experience developing compelling visuals using tools such as Cava, Photoshop, InDesign, or Premier Pro
- Design digital and print graphics that drive enrollment, solicit donations while enhance the SJP brand
- Create videos that tell the story of SJP for web and social
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Competitive research
- Project management
- Managing vendor relationships
- Content management system (e.g. Finalsite)
- Google Analytics
- Social media platforms
- Hootsuite or other social media management tool
- Canva or other design tool
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Project management tools (e.g. Trello, Asana) (preferred)
An ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of relevant marketing/communications experience. The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications must possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with proven ability to deliver against objectives in a timely, professional manner. The ideal candidate is goal-oriented, proactive, and views work through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The person who fills this role will be organized with strong project management and time management skills. The candidate should be able to mind the details while also thinking big picture. We are looking for a collaborative relationship-builder that brings to the table positive energy, flexibility, transparency, and their belief in the mission of Saint Joseph Prep. Hungry to learn and grow, the person in this position will be receptive to feedback on the creative, innovative ideas they readily share.
Interested applicants should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full contact information including phone number, email, and address.
- Cover letter expressing why you are an excellent candidate for the position.
- Optional: Examples of a campaign you lead or a design portfolio.
Occasional availability on evening and weekend work is required.
Candidate must consent to a background check for this position.