Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Park School, Brookline, MA
|Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion|
|About the Park School|
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical, and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Park School seeks a dynamic Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). This exciting new role reports to the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and involves strategic and programmatic support of the functions of the DEI office, working across the school community. The role is expected to evolve as the school, and the office continue to evolve. This is a 10-month faculty position and will require fifteen (15) days of work in the summer months when school is not in session. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of experiences as a DEI practitioner.
|Roles & Responsibilities|
The Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion should be prepared to work in partnership with the Director of DEI, administrators, faculty and staff, students, families, alumni, and PA leadership. They will:
- Support the Director of DEI on key initiatives of Park’s DEI Implementation Plan.
- Collaborate with the departmental team to design and deliver a wide range of DEI programming.
- Review and co-create policies and practices that deliver equity and foster inclusivity for all members of the community.
- Oversee student affinity group program – serve as liaison to affinity group facilitators and/or DEI-focused clubs as interests and needs require.
- Support community engagement – with a special focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Participate in and contribute to an adult learning community by engaging in meetings, discussions, committees, task forces, and professional development.
- Ensure that respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion, social emotional learning & wellness, and academic excellence are emphasized as core values of the School.
- Attend and chaperone student registrants for diversity conferences and workshops.
- Work with the Director of DEI to identify prospective DEI speakers, presenters, and performers.
- Complete administrative tasks and coverage duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of three (3) years working with students in areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Demonstrated skills in cultural humility, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with students, families, and colleagues.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and proven organizational/time management skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated experience working in a culturally diverse community.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience with designing and facilitating learning opportunities for students and adults.
- Experience planning and implementing workshops and presentations.
- Experience supporting DEI-related programs, committees, clubs, and events preferred.
- Ability to work on occasional evenings or weekends to support programming.
- To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and educational philosophy with your application.
- The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
- We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition, or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.