Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing
Concord Academy, Concord, MA
Concord Academy is seeking an Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing to join our talented strategic marketing and communications team. This role will execute our diverse editorial and marketing initiatives by capturing and sharing the stories of Concord Academy experiences, events, and activities and ensure that the School’s messaging, programs, and other offerings clearly and actively represent the school’s reputation.
- Produce stories and content for CA’s various communication and marketing platforms: Writing web stories, taking photos, video clips, and producing coverage about selected activities and events at school. Serves as a key content creator of daily content and selected Strategic Communications and Marketing projects and event coverage.
- Produce the community newsletters, websites, and email marketing: Developing the weekly rundown of news and stories; collecting needed information and visual assets; and editing and distributing the e-newsletters including, CAToday, the all community, and alumnae/i newsletters.
- Manage CA’s digital content and social media channels: develop and manage a social media strategy to engage various audiences and advances school initiatives, publish weekly content calendar and posts; manage the school-wide schedule for email marketing and advise departments on optimal timing and sending frequencies, respond to audience outreach as needed, strengthen the school brand, for all constituencies.
- Manage the brand content on the school website and other platforms: Developing the weekly rundown of analytics; collecting and executing website updates; and managing the digital posts and blogs, as needed. Analyzing data and implementing strategies to promote engagement and growth.
Skills and Experience:
- B.A. in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or relevant field
- Strong ability to develop compelling storytelling content that supports multimedia strategies and creative campaigns, leverages all communications outlets
- Solid writing, multimedia (photo/video), and proofreading skills and design skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a keen desire and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects, be flexible and detail-oriented, and prioritize and meet deadlines
- Support a robust social media content calendar, in coordination with the larger editorial content calendar and academic calendar
- Ability to build and expand the school’s web and social media presence, with a focus on engaging and building community across a variety of digital platforms
- Assist with management of the school website including refreshing photos and videos, and optimizing for search, and data analytics
- Proficient experience with email marketing systems
- Appreciation for the value of working and communicating in a diverse environment and a demonstrated commitment to the development of cultural competence skills
- Basic photography and video editing experience
- Availability to cover occasional night and weekend events and storytelling opportunities
- Assist with other communications assignments and school duties as needed, including assisting with special events.