|Assistant Director of Admission and Community Outreach
The Park School seeks a positive, engaging, and collaborative Assistant Director of Admission and Community Outreach. While the Assistant Director will engage in all elements of Park’s admission process, this role will work closely with the Director of Enrollment Management to develop and implement strategies to sustain and grow Park’s diverse community. This is a twelve-month role, full-time role that reports to the Director of Enrollment Management. At times this position will require weekend and evening work. The ideal candidate will have experience in independent school admissions and have a proven record of cross-cultural competency.
Founded in 1888, Park is a leading PreK – Grade 8 independent school located on a 34-acre campus in Brookline, Massachusetts. We are a close-knit community that benefits from a diverse body of approximately 560 students and more than 130 passionate faculty and staff. Our community is distinguished by genuine and warm relationships between students, teachers, and families and by small class sizes at all levels.
Park is committed to being a diverse, metropolitan, co-educational, day school. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, or family composition. Central to our mission is an appreciation of similarities and differences of perspective and the interdependence of all people. As a family school, our community is one in which the dignity of each child, teacher, and parent is respected.
- Research, organize and implement outreach efforts aimed at attracting a diverse group of students and families
- Lead tours and interview prospective families
- Support the coordination of the tour guide and ambassador programs and on-campus admission events
- Support the organization and completion of student screenings and visits
- Read and assess admission files and support admission committee meetings
- Ensure that respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion, social-emotional learning, and academic excellence are emphasized as core values of the School
- Cultivate relationships with educational consultants, feeder schools, and local area community-based organizations
- Attend on- and off-campus admission events including open houses, conferences, seminars, school fairs, school visits, receptions, and information sessions
- Participate in and contribute to an adult learning community by engaging in meetings, discussions, committees, task forces, and professional development
- Utilize feedback and reflection to improve practice and performance
- Participate in school community activities
- Weekend and evening work required as well as the ability to carry up to 20-lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in admission; preferably in PreK-Grade 8 independent school admission
- Experience managing admission-related database software; preferably Ravenna and Veracross
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated skill working with people from a broad range of cultural and economic backgrounds
- Experience planning events and presenting to audiences
- To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and educational philosophy with your application.
- The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
- We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition, or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.