Assistant Director Of Admission
Worcester Academy, Worcester, MA
Worcester Academy, a day-boarding school with grades 6-12 and postgraduate, seeks an Assistant Director of Admission to join a strong admission team that proudly represents WA’s unique community to prospective families, the greater Worcester area, and beyond. 12 month position
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
- Assist families through the entire admission and enrollment process.
- Oversee the student ambassador program and assist with major events such as Open Houses and Accepted Student Days.
- Coordinate the Admission Ambassador Program. Duties include database management, scheduling of campus tours, maintaining a digital media presence for the program, and other paperwork as necessary.
- Attend key New England independent school fairs and visit placement Directors in the area.
- Maintain online memberships and participate in professional development programs.
- Advise a group of students as assigned by the Head of the Upper School.
- Represent the Admission Office on institutional committees.
- Communicate with department heads to help streamline communication with prospective families through teachers and coaches.
- Assist with domestic and international travel as needed.
- Chair admission committees as assigned.
Bachelor degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Previous employment with an independent school highly desirable.
- 1-2 years of past experience in an admission office environment.
- Must have a general knowledge of NCAA Division I requirements.
- Knowledge of financial aid preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, and the ability to tend to many different tasks and duties simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills required. Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Pleasant phone demeanor.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Sense of professionalism and high ethical standards, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Sense of humor, flexibility, collegiality, teamwork, and independence.