Assistant Athletic Director
Kents Hill School, Readfield, ME
Assistant Athletic Director
Reports to: Director of Athletics
ABOUT KENTS HILL SCHOOL
Kents Hill School is one of the oldest co-ed boarding schools in the country, located on 400 beautiful acres in Maine. We bring boarding and day students together from diverse ethnicities, national origins, cognitive abilities, religions, and socioeconomic classes to engage in self-discovery and growth, both in and out of the classroom. Diversity, equity, and belonging are integral to our community as we actively strive to be an anti-racist school through consistent and ongoing learning for all. Our students are surrounded by a caring faculty and staff who make it their work to truly know each student and, because of that, create personalized transformational experiences. Student-centered inquiry sits at the core of the academic curriculum, which merges the four dimensions of learning (knowledge, skills, character, and reflection) with PBL (project-based learning) to balance academic rigor with strong support. Students also have the opportunity to explore their passions in athletics and the arts.
Kents Hill seeks an Assistant Director who will work closely with the Director of Athletics to design and implementation of athletic programs in accordance with the ideals and principles of Kents Hill School. A successful candidate is comfortable working atypical hours, brings flexibility to their work, and desires to get to know and engage regularly with a range of students.
- Support the Athletics Director in the overall management of the athletics facilities
- Serve as site administrator for home contests
- Schedule all athletic contests with opponents /opposing schools for Fall, Winter, and Spring
- Manages and communicates the Weekly Athletic Schedule (WAS), which includes dates and locations of competitions, dismissal and departure time, return time, meal money needs, dining services accommodations, and transportation
- Assist coaches team sign up and management of team rosters
- Update and maintain the department’s external-facing communication including the KHS website, Portal, and social media account.
- Create and maintain athletics schedules and team rosters for the KHS website and Portal
- Schedule all officials for fall, winter, and spring contests, confirming games, officials, and transportation on a weekly basis.
- Schedule all transportation for contests; including the coordination of on or off-campus meals and meal money
- Create and send out contracts for all athletic contests.
- Manage inclement weather days; cancel/reschedule officials, and buses, and communicate with coaches.
- Create an athletic calendar with a list of school events, traditions, and holiday conflicts and adjustments for the fall, winter, and spring seasons for practices, games, and fitness classes
- Arrange and collaborate with the athletic staff on fields, gym, court, and ice schedules for all games and practices.
- Serve as the coordinator for all post-season play.
- Assists with game and practice laundry and seasonal uniform inventory, as necessary
- Coordinate and manage the league tournaments that Kents Hill hosts.
- Attend MAISAD/MPA scheduling meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Two seasons of coaching
- Serves as an advisor
- Serves as a PEAK instructor
- Serves as a member of the weeknight and weekend duty team
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of current trends in athletics and fitness for girls and boys
- Experience working with a diverse range of students is essential
- Experience in an independent school environment is preferred
- A minimum of three years experience in athletic administration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting students of diverse identities such as race, ethnicity, socioeconomic level, and sexual orientation, including those with different levels of academic preparation, and varying physical and learning abilities.
- ability to interact effectively with varied constituencies, including alumnae, faculty and staff, administrators, parents, and trustees
- Excellent written and public speaking skills and ability to articulate the School’s mission and priorities
- Proactive self-starter, and a collaborative member of the advancement team
- Ability to travel as needed and work regular evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.