Assistant/Associate Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid
Stoneleigh-Burnham School, Greenfield, MA
Stoneleigh-Burnham School, an independent boarding and day school for girls in grades 7-12 in Greenfield, Massachusetts, seeks an Assistant/Associate Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid.
Located near the Connecticut River in the Pioneer Valley, a short drive from the Five College Consortium (UMass Amherst, Smith, Mount Holyoke, Hampshire and Amherst College), Stoneleigh-Burnham attracts students from the local area and around the world. Our mission centers around helping girls discover and use their authentic voices. Employees who thrive at SBS are deeply passionate about their profession and about girls’ education, are collaborative colleagues, are excited by professional growth, and are committed to fostering an inclusive community.
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, the Assistant/Associate Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid is responsible for managing the strategy, review, and implementation of student enrollment and financial aid for all students. In this role, you will serve as our resident expert for our application and financial aid platforms and our department’s data, all while thinking strategically about how best to leverage and use all. You will manage the strategy and implementation of middle school recruitment, admission and enrollment, and potentially another high-priority strategic area based upon experience or interest such as equestrian program recruitment or BIPOC recruitment. You will develop and maintain active relationships with prospective families from inquiry to enrollment, embodying and proactively promoting the Stoneleigh-Burnham School mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Financial Aid and Enrollment Implementation
- You will work with the Director of Enrollment Management and the Finance Office to use need-based financial aid and merit scholarships to attract and enroll a talented, mission-aligned student body.
- You will support families through the financial aid process, including assistance with the application process, financial appeals, etc.
- You will coordinate and maintain financial aid applications in the SSS portal and the school database.
- You will coordinate the review and distribution of enrollment agreements for both new and returning students.
- You will manage our endowed scholarships promotion and awarding processes.
- You will review and revise internal and external financial aid policies and procedures annually and actively communicate applicable policies to families.
- You will submit relevant and timely updates for the SBS website, newsletter, and social media regarding financial aid and scholarships.
- You will stay up to date on all trends, policies, and regulations related to financial aid and continually seek professional development opportunities related to financial aid best practices.
- Manage the Systems, Data, and Reporting
- You will maintain, update, and develop forms and reporting tools with SchoolAdmin and Portal.
- You will create and maintain statistical reports and data for the Admissions Office and other school offices as requested.
- You will serve as the office point of contact for SchoolAdmin for faculty and team training.
- Increase Student Recruitment and Enrollment
- You will develop and implement a comprehensive, strategic, and goal-driven recruitment and enrollment plan for your portfolio, aligned with the SBS mission, in partnership with the Director of Enrollment Management.
- Your portfolio will include middle school families (day and upper school boarding). Depending on experience or interest, another high priority area could be added, such as equestrian or BIPOC recruitment.
- You will be the primary point person for families within your portfolio, using high relationship management skills to assist them across all steps: inquiry to application to admission and enrollment.
- You will travel regionally and possibly domestically to meet prospective families and build the SBS network with potential partners.
- Facilitate Interdepartmental and Intradepartmental Collaboration
- You will serve as the team liaison to strategically relevant departments within the school, aligned with the incumbent’s portfolio and all areas of financial aid, data, and enrollment.
- You will partner closely with the Business Office and the Advancement Department as it pertains to financial aid, enrollment, and scholarships.
- You will actively seek opportunities to partner with faculty, staff, and administration to achieve mutually beneficial results when applicable and build overall SBS camaraderie.
- You will develop, demonstrate and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community.
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- You have 1-3 years of admissions and financial aid experience, preferably at an independent school.
- You are knowledgeable about databases and admission platforms; SchoolAdmin preferred.
- You might have additional experience in recruiting for equestrian programs or BIPOC recruitment.
- You have deep knowledge of and interest in data reporting and analysis.
- You have a demonstrated ability to connect with students, families, and organizations across cultural, geographic, and linguistic differences.
- You maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- You are familiar with federal guidelines, policies and laws regarding financial aid.
- You are a proactive collaborator within and across teams and departments.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open to applications until the position is filled.
- Cover letter
- 2-3 references with contact information
Stoneleigh-Burnham strives to cultivate an inclusive community and diversify its faculty and staff; candidates who can contribute to the diversity of the community are encouraged to apply. Stoneleigh-Burnham School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Stoneleigh-Burnham School is an academic community that fosters an international perspective. We inspire girls to pursue meaningful lives based on honor, respect, and intellectual curiosity. Each student is challenged to discover her best self and graduate with confidence to think independently and act ethically, secure in the knowledge that her voice will be heard.
To learn more about Stoneleigh-Burnham School, please visit our website: sbschool.org