Anticipated Visual & Performing Arts Teaching Positions 2023-24
Chapel Hill – Chauncy Hall School, Waltham, MA
The Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is seeking creative, progressively minded, and hard-working individuals to teach in our Visual & Performing Arts Department (VPA) beginning in the 2023-24 school year. As a school that embraces Multiple Intelligences philosophy, we seek teachers who work diligently to reach all learners and believe, as we do, that it is not “how smart you are” but rather “how you are smart.” These positions involve teaching four classes with an average of 12 students per class. Teachers will also participate in two seasons of our co-curricular program.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A creative and progressive approach to teaching and learning
- Willingness to work hard and have fun
- A desire to collaborate across constituencies
- A commitment to differentiated instruction pedagogy
- A working understanding of Multiple Intelligences philosophy
- An inclination toward interdisciplinary work
- An ability and willingness to advance the School’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all areas of school life
- Prior teaching experience in the visual or performing arts
- An academic background, and preferably a major, in visual or performing arts
- Ability to contribute to our co-curricular program is a plus; prior experience coaching soccer, wrestling, basketball, and lacrosse or working in technical theater will be particularly valued
For more information about Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall, please visit our website at www.chch.org.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Josh Bubar, Assistant Head of School, Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School, 785 Beaver Street, Waltham, MA 02452. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is an equal opportunity employer.