Annual Giving Officer, Young Alumni & Students
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks an Annual Giving Officer, Young Alumni & Students to join it’s Development and Alumni Relations department.
The Annual Giving Officer, Young Alumni & Students, will advance the strategic mission of Milton by overseeing annual fundraising and philanthropy education campaigns for Milton young alumni (up to 15 years after graduation) and students, a strategic priority for the Milton Fund. Establish and reinforce philanthropic behavior in Milton’s young alumni and students through a combination of educational events, volunteer-driven fundraising campaigns, and management of an annual portfolio of young alumni leadership level prospects with a giving potential of up to $1,798 annually to the Milton Fund. Responsible for the daily volunteer management of young alumni and students Milton Fund volunteers. Develop fundraising strategy for volunteer activity and fundraising events, and young alumni and student volunteer fundraising campaigns that emphasize annual participation at every level of giving. The Annual Giving Officer (AGO) will represent the School in prospect visits or at events with the primary focus of building membership in the Orange and Blue Circle, which recognizes Young Alumni Milton Fund donors who contribute at a leadership level annually.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Director of the Milton Fund, develop annual plans and campaign strategies specific to young alumni and students focused on encouraging increased donors and dollars to the Milton Fund.
- Maintain a portfolio of approximately 75-100 prospects annually in varied relationship stages including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Responsible for making 6 substantive contacts monthly. Leverage face-to-face and virtual meetings, phone calls, emails to build relationships and increase young alumni donors to the Orange and Blue Circle.
- Qualify prospects for major gifts, and steward introductions to colleagues to build a leadership giving pipeline. · Collaborate closely with stewardship and donor relations to manage and execute stewardship for donors including recognition of loyalty, leadership, and volunteer service.
- Recruit and train both new and returning young alumni and student volunteers through a combination of face-to-face and virtual interactions. Young Alumni volunteers include Reunion Gift Campaigns (5th, 10th, and 15th), and Class Agents from all young alumni classes. Student volunteers include Senior Gift and Development Ambassadors.
- Set annual goals and develop strategic direction for volunteers to achieve those goals that add value and align with the Milton Fund’s mission. Provide timely training, ongoing support, consultation, and direction for volunteers (including schedules, Milton news, reports, donor lists, sample text, and toolkits).
- Develop new and implement existing student philanthropy programming on campus to increase awareness about the impact of the Milton Fund and the value of philanthropy among Milton students. Programming includes Senior Gift and additional educational activities.
- Collaborate closely with Alumni Engagement colleagues to ensure a coordinated approach to young alumni fundraising and relational activities.
- Track and report to the Director of the Milton Fund on assigned key performance indicator metrics for portfolio, young alumni and student metrics, and progress towards goals throughout the fiscal year, and prepare key reports as needed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Milton Fund’s priorities, and work with the Milton Fund team to ensure coordinated, synchronized efforts throughout the fiscal year.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned; some travel required.
Required or preferred experience and abilities Required:
- Willingness to make cold calls with prospects and donors.
- Ability to establish rapport and cultivate relationships with students, prospects, and donors.
- Be a genuine, invested, and flexible team player who also works well independently. · Must be a creative problem solver who is self-motivated and driven to achieve goals.
- Ability to manage and balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills, strong abilities in written and oral communication, and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze data and incorporate results.
- Receptive to supervision and professional development.
- Maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Understanding of and a strong commitment to the mission of Milton Academy; familiarity with independent school environment helpful. Preferred:
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and GiveCampus.
A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience is required. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an independent school or college environment.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.