Annual Giving Officer
Staff / Full-Time
Beacon Academy, Boston, MA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Annual Giving Program
- Develops and executes in partnership with Director of Development and Engagement Beacon Academy’s annual giving program for the fiscal year with specific revenue goals.
- Manage a portfolio of donors at the annual giving level between $100 to $2,500. Cultivate, steward, and solicit donors and prospects through targeted appeals/campaigns/phone-a-thons, individual in-person and virtual.
- Manage the Development and Engagement information and research in Salesforce to ensure accurate and complete database records.
- Generate reports documenting and tracking all development and engagement information, including revenue, event campaigns and data entry, and volunteer tracking.
- Manage the logistics for all development and engagement mailings and annual stewardship phone calls, including annual appeal, pledge reminders, event invitations and programs, annual report, and campaign mailings.
- Manage special projects assigned by the Director of Development and Engagement.
Annual Grant Submissions and Reports
- Partner with the Director of Development and Engagement on submissions of grant applications to corporations and foundations; submit grants with relevant attachments.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and share Beacon Academy’s mission and its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of community members with fairness, respect, consistency, and integrity
- Judgment, insight, and intuition
- Strong sense of responsibility for achieving personal goals
- Creative ability, a positive outlook, an excellent work ethic, and a sense of humor
- Knowledge of direct response fundraising, annual giving best practices, and emerging trends
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and donor databases/CRM systems, Salesforce preferred.
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance coverage – Health, Vision, and Dental
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan with matching employer contribution after the first year
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Convenient location with parking and access to public transportation
- Please send a cover letter and resume to the Director of Development and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for Annual Giving Officer. Beacon Academy welcomes a diverse candidate pool because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for everyone. Beacon Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Middle School, High School