Annual Fund Manager
Worcester Academy, Worcester, MA
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Individual Giving, the Annual Fund Manager will have primary responsibility for ensuring a successful Everyday Excellence (EE), the annual fund at Worcester Academy (WA), and related campaigns. The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for growing the donor base, renewing and upgrading member support, and strengthening relationships with current Everyday Excellence donors. The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for creating enthusiastic participation in annual giving from all constituencies. This role serves as the key driver in meeting the Academy’s annual participation and retention goals by harnessing affinity for Worcester Academy into loyal giving, which in turn leads to major support of the school’s strategic priorities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
- Develop an annual plan that includes a communications calendar, solicitation themes and sets clear goals and metrics.
- Cultivate and build upon the existing base of donors amongst all constituents: alumni, parents, parents of alumni, grandparents, faculty/staff, and friends.
- Develop annual solicitation messaging and marketing appeals. Supervises the production and mailing of all printed and electronic solicitation pieces. Coordinate with Director of Communications and Development Operations, as needed.
- Coordinate, analyze, and monitor Everyday Excellence data and progress towards goals adjusting strategy as needed.
- Manage Everyday Excellence volunteer groups who assist with outreach and stewardship.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of Founder’s Day, Worcester Academy’s day of giving, in coordination with the full Development team.
- Plan and launch an alumni Loyalty Society. Create and implement programming for the Society including innovative ways to steward and thank donors who are long-time donors to Worcester Academy.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 30 annual fund donors and prospects who have higher capacity and work to increase their EE support year over year.
- Meet or exceed Everyday Excellence dollar goal and other determined metrics, in partnership with the Leadership Giving staff
- Create senior class programming to educate about staying connected and giving in partnership with the Alumni Relations team.
- Communicate donor impact creatively to Everyday Excellence donors.
- Manage a reunion giving program in collaboration with Alumni Relations
- Coordinate gift processing effort with outside vendor. Ensure the smooth and efficient process of processing gifts and acknowledgements.
- Build a culture of philanthropy and highlight the impact of philanthropy on WA by developing and executing programming for various constituencies in partnership with the Parent Relations Director.
- Ensure the consistent and persistent presence of Everyday Excellence messaging throughout communication tools, including events and reunion.
- Assist in development events and programs. These include but are not limited to cultivation and recognition events, BOV, reunion.
- Highly productive, self-starter with strong strategic, analytical, relationship building, communications, detail oriented and diplomacy skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with a sharp attention to detail.
- Strong data minded skills and comfortable reporting, data analysis, and marketing terminology.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and to consistently meet all deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners with positive and collaborative interactions and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to excellence; willingness to go above and beyond.
- High energy and positive outlook; eagerness to take on an ambitious pace.
- Collaborative work style that inspires and creates a healthy sense of urgency among team members.
- Team orientated.
- Bachelors’ Degree
- At least 3-5 years’ experience managing an annual fund with progressive leadership responsibility
- Management of annual fund at an independent school or higher ed institution with experience working with parents, alumni and other relevant constituencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technology skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), Apple software/Google docs, and experience with Raiser Edge or like software is preferred.
- Is comfortable using on-line calendars and invites, and presentation software.