Alumni Engagement and Events Associate
Bancroft School, Worcester, MA
Alumni Engagement and Events Associate
About Bancroft School
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators, and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged and active learning where students discover their unique paths with joy and confidence. Students are empowered to celebrate and deepen their curricular excellence and embrace their talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens.
Bancroft is a PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts — a thriving city with a rich history and a bright future and one in which the school is deeply invested. Founded in 1900, the School’s 30-acre campus is in a residential neighborhood north of downtown Worcester. 400 students come from 63 cities and towns around central Massachusetts and represent a wide variety of different backgrounds and experiences that contribute to the unique and diverse learning environment. The school is committed to cultivating a community that embraces diversity and an inclusive campus in which each individual is safe, known, and valued. Bancroft students and faculty are committed to honoring the dignity of the individual and the celebration of difference.
In January of 2020, the school unveiled a 5-year strategic plan, BluePrint125 — a product of extensive internal investigation and collaborative discussion among the School’s many constituents. In recent years, the School has made significant investments in campus enhancements to improve energy efficiency, air quality, and public safety; and create flexible, multi-functional spaces in the school buildings, music wing of the Performing Arts Center, and new Field House.
Bancroft School seeks a motivated and outgoing individual to engage its constituents in support of its mission. The Alumni Engagement and Events Associate is responsible for developing and managing a strategic plan for increased engagement of over 4,000 Bancroft alumni. This position requires the ability to manage events and volunteers, as well as develop a robust alumni communications program. The Alumni Engagement and Events Associate is an integral member of the Advancement team and reports directly to the Chief Advancement Officer. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in the design and execution of events and strategic engagement of alumni, parents, and volunteers. We are looking for a candidate who welcomes the challenge and the reward of working in a vibrant and diverse school environment.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Alumni Relations and Volunteer Management
- Provide leadership and direction for alumni programming and communications.
- Advance the network of alumni volunteers through the Reunion program and other meaningful opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving on strategy that focuses on the growth of Reunion giving and alumni participation to achieve the school’s fundraising goals.
- Serve as Advancement liaison to the Alumni Council and committees.
- Manage the Class Secretaries program.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward volunteers.
- Produce, manage and lead the programs and activities for Alumni Reunion Weekend.
- Organize regional and local alumni engagement events.
- Lead the planning of Homecoming, with the goal of increased alumni participation.
- Develop connections within our alumni, parent, and community resources to create mission-appropriate events.
- Identify opportunities for constituents, including alumni and parents, to share their professional expertise with students and faculty.
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the bi-annual production schedule of the Bancroft Bulletin alumni magazine with outreach for alumni class notes as well as identifying feature stories.
- Promote alumni recognition through the alumni awards programs.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Office, oversee alumni social media presence and website content.
- Engage the senior class in preparation of their role as members of the alumni network.
- Represent the Advancement Office at school and community events, including occasional nights and weekends.
- 1 to 3 years experience within alumni engagement, marketing, events, or volunteer management for a secondary institution, post-secondary educational institution, or similar organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or G Suite (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Skillset should also include strategic thinking, creativity, data management, flexibility, and high energy
Bancroft seeks dynamic candidates who will be active participants in the community beyond the classroom, with additional interest in overseeing extracurricular activities in athletics, clubs, and activities. Bancroft is committed to cultivating and sustaining a community that embraces difference and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
Bancroft School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we subscribe to all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination of any sort in our hiring practices.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to email@example.com