Afterschool Teaching Assistant
Waldorf School of Lexington, Lexington, MA
Waldorf School of Lexington is currently seeking an Afterschool Teaching Assistant for our students in grades 1-5. This part-time, non-benefited position offers the following schedule: 1:30 p.m.– 6:00 p.m., five days a week throughout the school year. This position has an immediate start date.
- Assist and support the Lead Teacher with all afternoon activities (play, snack, projects, dismissal, etc.)
- Supervise children
- Provide room set-up, clean-up, and general maintenance such as washing dishes, vacuuming and sweeping
- Meet with the Lead Teacher for planning and review as needed
- Provide leadership for the group as a substitute if the Lead Teacher is absent
- Refer any serious infractions or injuries to the Lead Teacher
- Refer any parental questions or concerns to the Lead Teacher
- High School Diploma or GED
The successful candidate will have an interest in Waldorf education and spending time outdoors.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references (written or provide contact information) in a single pdf to email@example.com.