After School Teacher
Belmont Day School, Belmont, MA
Inspire and challenge.
At Belmont Day School, we foster intellectual curiosity, honor differences, and empower meaningful contribution with excellence, respect, honesty, responsibility, caring, and joy.
After School Teacher
Belmont Day School seeks a committed after school teacher who delights in and is curious about children and how they learn and grow. Under the guidance of the program director, responsibilities include planning developmentally-appropriate and creative activities for students after the regular school day that foster a sense of community within the program by supporting the school’s six core values of respect, honesty, responsibility, joy, caring, and excellence. Activities may include but are not limited to science, geography, arts and crafts, games, cooking, and sports.
This is a part-time position. The program runs each day school is in session: Monday through Thursday, 3 to 6 p.m. and Fridays from 12 to 6 p.m. Salary is based on education and experience.
We seek individuals who:
- Demonstrate working and interacting effectively and professionally with teachers and other adults
- Support the program’s mission and policies
- Treat children as individuals and acknowledge that they develop at their own pace
- Guide behavior in positive ways by modeling and practicing a positive attitude and respect for self and others
- Provide a supportive environment where students can learn and practice skills and behaviors
- Encourage and engage students to try new ideas and activities
- Create activities and interactions to support diverse interests and abilities
- Recognize and maintain appropriate emotional and physical boundaries between children and adults
- Develop and maintain open, friendly, cooperative, and respectful relationships with students, staff, and families
- Honor confidentiality of students and families
- Are content in a team environment that requires flexibility and is comfortable soliciting feedback
- Participate in activities, professional development, and other events in the field
- Prior experience working with children in small group settings, preferably in a school environment.
- A degree, or a degree in progress, in early childhood education or education.
- Experience in recreation or similar programs.
To apply, send a cover letter specific to this position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “After School Teacher” in the subject line.
Belmont Day seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our community. The school will always be maintained as a nonsectarian institution. The school is an equal opportunity employer. The school complies with all legal requirements in connection with admissions and access to programs, facilities, and employment practices regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or disability