After School Teacher
Cambridge Montessori School, Cambridge, MA
After School Teacher
Passport is an essential component of Cambridge Montessori School. We are a year-round outside of school time program, offering Extended Day, Vacation Camps, Enrichment Clubs, Athletics, Conference Care, Professional Development Care, and Summer Camp to children from Toddlers through Middle School. Our goal is to provide top quality programs for both Cambridge Montessori School families and families from the greater Cambridge community.
- The Passport Elementary Co-Teacher is an education major or has experience with students ages 5-11. The After School teacher co-teaches in the Extended Day, Vacation Camp Program, and Conference Care Day. The general daily schedule includes bus pick-ups, snack, outside recess, circle activities, art and cooking projects and community building activities.
Part-time – 10 month per year, generally 20 hours per week, plus full day vacation camps (December, February and April) and selected professional development days.
Competitive pay, based on experience and education
- Demonstrated ability and passion to instruct and build relationships with students of all ages and abilities, particularly ages 5-11
- Activity/curriculum planning experience with children ages 5-11
- Ability to work in a team environment AND independently
- Creative and organized
- Strong communication skills, especially in communication with teachers and parents
- Mature and responsible
- Strong leadership abilities
- Punctual and professional
- Aware, present and attentive in the classroom
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred
- College degree/ significant coursework in Early Childhood Education or significant working experience with children
- Passport Director
- Co-teaching a group of students from 2pm – 6:00pm, Monday through Friday in Extended Day, and 9:00am – 4:00pm, during Vacation Camps and on selected professional development days.
- Pick-up students from all over the Cambridge Public Schools District at the nearby bus stop and walk them back to CMS.
- Work with the program director in developing and implementing a curriculum of hands-on, structured activities to meet students’ interests, abilities, and needs. This includes creating a daily schedule and weekly curriculum for your age group.
- Managing the safety and well being of the children in your care.
- Maintaining and organizing the classroom space. This includes organizing room supplies (toys, art/cooking supplies, games, etc. in storage cabinets).
- Working with the co-teacher to brainstorm, plan and prep for full day programs.
Candidates should send a resume and references to:
Krissy Canastar Director Passport and Auxiliary Programs
Cambridge Montessori School is a coeducational independent day school currently enrolling 150 students from toddlers through grade eight. Last year, CMS celebrated its 60th anniversary serving Cambridge and surrounding towns. CMS is a dynamic, international community, which reflects the diverse culture and rich educational resources of the region and enrolls students from over 20 different countries. CMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Association of Independent Schools in New England, and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, Montessori Schools of Massachusetts, and the International Montessori Council. The State of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care Office (EEC) license the CMS Toddler and Primary Programs.
CMS is a non-sectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices.
Passport complies with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (105 CMR 430.000) and is licensed by the City of Cambridge Board of Health.
Cambridge Montessori School encourages independent, self-directed learning for life in a child-centered, international community valuing peace, respect for others and pride in individual differences.