After School and Camp Teachers
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
After School & Camp Teachers:
GISB is recruiting for the following positions in the After School Program:
- 20 hour position (daily 2:00 – 6:00)
- 10 – 12 hour position (daily 2:00 – 4:15)
The After School & Camp Teacher will support our preschool program and offer a range of
enrichment opportunities, adventure, and fun to our students. Teachers in the after school program work
Monday through Friday from 2:00 to 6:00 and during vacation camps, including one week of February
camp, one week of April camp, and one week of summer camp. This is a salaried and benefits-eligible
position offering excellent benefits, including paid vacation and the opportunity to work additional camp
weeks at the rate of $30.30/hour.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Plan and lead activities in areas such as arts & crafts, cooking, and science.
● Guide students in their development of interpersonal and meta-cognitive skills.
● Maintain a safe and healthy environment for students and staff, including strict adherence to federal,
state and GISB health guidelines, including social distancing, masking, cleaning, and ventilation.
● Remain flexible and creative in the face of new challenges.
● AA or BA in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, or equivalent experience.
● Experience and enthusiasm for teaching and children.
● German-speaking ability is preferred but not required.
GISB BENEFITS (for 20 hours or more)
● Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick leave, and holidays;
● Excellent healthcare and dental benefits (50% premium covered by the school);
● Retirement account with immediate employer match;
● Flexible Spending Accounts: healthcare, childcare, transportation/parking;
● Tuition remission for dependent children; and
● Professional development opportunities and reimbursement.
Classification: Exempt, part-time
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director of Co-Curricular Programs
Contact: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GISB is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on
any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; national origin; genetic information; ancestry; sex;
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; age; physical or mental
disability; citizenship status; veteran status; military service; application for military service; or any other protected class under
federal, state, or local law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in
accordance with applicable law.